Open Comb DE's

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shep, Feb 28, 2009.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

always is :happy088
    I always throw that suggestion out there when I read about a new wetshaver who orders a new Merkur razor...10 times out of 9 they try the Merkur blade and wonder why wet-shaving sucks - gotta try another blade.
    it is mild, but very smooth.
    I'm about ready to take the lather catcher for a spin, gonna finish this week with the sheraton

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Most people in our society have been conditioned to think that the brand of blade must match the brand name on the razor. This is what Proctor and Gamble and Energizer are requiring since the end of the blade wars some years ago. So naturally a new shaver picks up a merkur razor and thinks that he needs to have a merkur blade to match the brand name on the razor, which we all know in wet shaving is not true at all. Most people have been conditioned to think that all razors are proprietary, which are really suprised when I tell them that my favorite setup is a Gillette Super Speed with a Dorco blade. "Don't you need to put a Gillette blade in a Gillette razor?" the question is. I shurg my shoulders and reply "Not necesarily, unless thats what I want to do."

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

.....this is an OLD thread.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It certainly is.

The Gillette Sheraton, c. 1937, is an open comb TTO razor with great looks that delivers an amazing shave. It was long time coming, but this one has a permanent home. It cleaned up nicely too.
    http://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2016/10/gillette-sheraton.html
    Sheraton_26.jpg

jtspartan, Str8on2, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks. It shaves even better than it looks. You can't get a bad shave with this razor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RetLEO-07

Just when my RAD is starting to recede you have to go and show me something like this. For shame! :D

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet! Mine isn't that pretty.
    I find it to be on the mild side.

9. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Out of all the razors on my list to attain and there aren't many, that particular razor sir is Priority NO #1. A decent conditioned OC Sheraton from 37'-39' would do nicely. Magnificent piece there sir!

Jorvaljr likes this.
  10. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Jayaruh and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Let me know if you are interested. I have a couple.

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I like the brassed out look too. The one I have has lost it's gold but I'm ok with it because I like the brass and copper look.

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I believe it is.

BigMark83 likes this.
  14. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Will keep that in mind. I have a Wilkinson 7 day set on the way. I'll let you know.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Fatip makes a fun OC