What type of Schick injector is this?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Morman Bridge, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi, unfortunately I don't know much about these old Schick injectors, but I am curious about this one. It's too bad the handle exploded in the ultrasonic cleaner. Here's the photos-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me what model this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Guessing...Type G? Someone will be along shortly.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Looks like a G1.

4. Morman Bridge

Thanks guys! I appreciate the heads up. I just don't know much about these injectors.

5. Morman Bridge

Are these G series Injectors mild? Or aggressive? To be honest, I haven't had much good luck with any of my previous Injectors. I ended up giving them all away. Except my Adjustable Schick. I love that one.

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

There are no truly aggressive safety razors!

Injectors aren't luck, you probably tried them too early after converting, and likely used bad angies. The Schick G is my fave safety razor, bar none.

7. Morman Bridge

Thank you for your input. You may be right. Although I have tried to use the Injectors several times over the years, it was mostly with a type e i had. I have had great luck with my Adjustable Schick.

8. jimjo1031

Milder than a type E, in my experience.

9. jar

jar Well-Known Member

But that one looks rid hard and put up wet to dry.

10. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

11. Morman Bridge

Thanks Jim.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The G injectors are smooth as butter! Light, light pressure and a good angle and they'll convert you away from everything else.

13. Morman Bridge

Only because the handle is wasted. I may make some sort of handle for it. I always try to bring back to life old decrepit razors. If it shaves well for me, I don't really care what it looks like. At least to a point.

14. Morman Bridge

Thanks for your input. I may not convert totally, since I'm fairly hooked on Gillette DE's, but variety is the spice of life!

PLAla likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

Judging by it's looks, maybe epoxy poured into the crack(s) and then sanded down will work instead of trying to put a new one one.

16. Morman Bridge

Hi, the photos don't show it, but the bottom of the handle is missing about half of its width. I may shave with it once or twice, just to see if I like it, but if I do, I will probably make a handle for it out of something. I don't know what.

PickledNorthern and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. jimjo1031

Yep, couldn't see it all.

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You may want to note that skin stretching will make the Schicks much easier to handle, if you don't already employ the technique. Injectors, with their thicker blade stock, behave more like an open blade than a DE with regard to skinfeel of the bevel. They produce really close and comfy shaves once the proper angle is in play.

PLAla likes this.
  19. Morman Bridge

Thank you! I will try some skin stretching when I use it. I do that with some of my DE's as well.

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn