SoS: September 25, 2017 - October 1, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Schick Type M Injector
    Schick blade
    Stirling boar brush
    Proraso Blue shaving cream
    Pinaud Clubman aftershave

2. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

RAZOR: Parker SR1
    BLADE: Derby Professional blade
    BRUSH: Ever Ready 200T
    PRESHAVE: Hot water rinse
    SHAVE CREAM: The Art of Shaving - Lavender Essential Oil - for Sensitive Skin - bowl lather
    AFTER SHAVE: Clubman Lilac Vegetal
    BALM: Maison the Collection Vanilla Lavender Lotion
    ParkerSR1_EverReady_AOS_Lavender.jpg
    Very quick 2pass DFS shave today - no time for touchups on the neck. Cheeks are always BBS after 2 passes with the shavette.
    I have been trying a different pattern for my neck, one that may be more efficient. No time to implement this morning - DFS was good enough.

I noticed that the Parker SR1 felt a little slippery with my new grip position. Got me to thinking of adding gimping like that on my Straights.
    Wondered if any have modified their Parker's in such a way. I have seen some shavettes with gimping (King of Shaves - maybe?)

Got very nice lather from the AOS. I typically use my badger for creams, but the Ever Ready Boar brush worked great.
    Nice finish with the Clubman Lilac Vegetal & Vanilla Lavender lotion.

Dansco, JazzDoc, jimjo1031 and 21 others like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking gear and picture.

JazzDoc, clint64 and Yehuda D like this.
  4. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir!

clint64, Yehuda D and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

L&L Grooming / Chatillon Lux "Unconditional Surrender"
    Kent V8
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

JazzDoc, ilts, jimjo1031 and 18 others like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photograph Matt. :happy096:

7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Douglas. Hoping it will rain out here. It's close!

clint64 and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170928.JPG
    Thursday's SE Shave with Igor
    zcws.gif

Proraso Pre Shave
    VDH Deluxe Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #206
    Igor by @twhite
    CVS SE
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The VDH Deluxe Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #206 badger brush. I did two passes with the Igor razor by Tom and a CVS SE blade. It was a very comfortable shave. I had it set wide open and didn't know it. The angle was easy to get. After the first pass, I was going to change the setting, and discovered that the blade was all the way back, so I moved it all the way forward. I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... The only weird thing was that after rinsing, the razor wanted to hold on to water like the 1924 Shovelhead. I just gave it a few extra shakes and continued.

Featuring Igor, the SE razor by Tom.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Dansco, JazzDoc, ilts and 21 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonight's shave was with a German razor. I had a perfect 2 pass shave, that left me near BBS. Zero issues.

Razor- J.A.Henckels Friodur . No Stain
    Brush- Stirling Boar
    Soap- Arko/Rose scented.
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice, "Fresh Lime".

P9271201.JPG

Dansco, JazzDoc, ilts and 19 others like this.
  10. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

9/27/17 - Jamie's Night shave

brush is a new PAA Synthetic 26mm - its huge..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JazzDoc, ilts, jimjo1031 and 18 others like this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

09/28/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Mineral Fusion Face Soap
    Cold River Soap Works Limited Edition Jeff's Soap - No One Fights Alone
    RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Ever Ready 1912 Razor
    Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 10th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
    Stetson Fresh Cologne​

D IMG_7179.jpg

JazzDoc, ilts, EzraCobb and 20 others like this.
  12. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 9.27.2017

Pre-shave: hot shower
    Soap: Williams
    Razor: Vintage PAL adjustable injector
    Blade: Chinese made Schick (1)
    Brush: Marvy (not pictured)
    Post-shave: Thayer's Lavender WH, Gillette Sensitive Skin AS Gel, Gillette Cool Wave AS Splash

I noticed several people shaving with Williams today so I opted to do the same. I love that this soap is easily worked into a lather and I was able to paint a nice, comfortable layer of Williams on my face within a couple of minutes. Today, I wanted to try out my newly acquired PAL adjustable injector razor. I had never used one before and I started out on the "L" setting. I've heard this razor takes some getting used to and I believe it. While it seemed easy on the first pass I noticed I still had stubble on my jawline where I know I had shaved over. I just shrugged my shoulders and carried on. I used the L setting on the left side of my face, and being the curious person I am, I dialed the setting to "3" for the right side. I lathered up again and for the 2nd pass I dialed it to "H" for the heck of it. Usually I have to do a 3rd pass or clean-up pass on my neck and it was no different today. I managed to nick myself on the left side of my neck (I'm right-handed), almost in the same spot as yesterday. My fault. I get carried away trying to get as close a shave as I can on the neck. I really like the razor, but I'll have to do additional shaves on it to find
    that sweet angle for it. Otherwise, another day and another fine shave.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Dan
    9.27.2017.jpg

JazzDoc, ilts, EzraCobb and 20 others like this.
  13. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Doug,

Your collection continues to amaze me! Again, thank you for sharing!

Dan

RyX, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Smells like the Drug Store SEptember!!!! (Stirling Booster)

September 27
    Razor - Kai Captain Original AC
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - WCS Synthetic
    ASOD - Stetson

Annnnnndddddd...we're back after whatever that interruption was earlier. Day three with the Kai pain stick and I used the West Coast brush and Route 66 for the nice lather. Had to thin the lather out a bit during the first pass as I apparently didn't add quite enough water at first. My bad. Two passes and touch up on the neck to a very nice DFS and another blood free shave from the stick. With the mild blades, though, it's a bit more difficult to draw too much blood. I may be done with the mild blades from this point on as the Captain Original or Feather Pros seem to work so much better now. I do have one of the Kai Sharpblades. That would be the equivalent of the Feather Super Pro. May have to break that one out. Aftershave for tomorrow is Stetson. Gonna cowboy up y'all!

We're only a couple of days away from OCtober - the month we usually pull out the open comb razors, for those who want to join in. I'll be using the ones I have including a new acquisition I stole on the bay the other day. Well, didn't actually "steal" it, but you know what I mean. It looked good on the website and looks even better in person. I'm pretty stoked to have gotten it. It's not the world's most valuable razor but it's pretty cool and in fantastic shape, including the box. You'll be seeing more of it during OCtober as I work it into the rotation.

Well, for whatever reason I can't upload the pictures now. So hey - we'll let it be a surprise for a bit longer until the bugs settle down around here. I will tell you - it's shiny.

15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My sotd
    IMG_8076.jpg

Razor - timeless .95mm
    Brush - jayaruh 171
    Soap - Route 66 - rum runner
    Blade - Astra sp green (4)
    Post - witch hazel lavender
    A/S - pinaud bay rum

So I'm going to admit, I couldn't wait to shave with this razor. So I shaved tonight although I already shaved this morning. The thing I noticed with this razor during the shave is that it's similar to the variant, and Futur. The shape of the safety bar is all similar. The feel of the razor blade is similar in a way. The blade feels like it will catch your skin especially around the lips. The other thing is that the handle is Now I got some irritation but I shaved with my futur clone this morning so my shave was bbs and my skin needed the extra time to recover which I didn't give.

In the end, the shave was bbs smooth with a little irritation. I'll shave with it again when I'm on a normal shaving schedule. So far so good!

16. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

Thursday shave

fine 24mm stout brush
    feather de razor and perma sharp blade

razorock the stallion shaving soap
    alum block
    Thayer witch hazel
    razorock Tuscan oud aftershave

have a nice day guys

Smooth Steve, JazzDoc, ilts and 14 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

SEptember 28, 2017
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Feather FHS
    Rudy Vey RV7 with Shavemac Finest
    Reef Point Test Depth
    Witch Hazel with Menthol
    Cool Water EDT

[​IMG]

Smooth Steve, JazzDoc, ilts and 16 others like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

At the last minute I changed my choice of cream for something I hadn't used in months - the Viking Sensitive from Bulgaria. This cream is excellent - a nice, mild scent, tons of lather, (I even bowl-lathered it today!) and a very pleasant cooling effect. It also does a good job of protecting the skin from irritation. The Lucky Tiger a/s cream really cooled and soothed me afterwards, while the Black Powder aftershave splash went on icy-cold and its scent to me is beautiful. For a two pass quickie I can't complain because it turned out BBS!

Have a great day, folks!

Smooth Steve, JazzDoc, ilts and 14 others like this.
  19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 9/28/17
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A Very satisfying three pass shave this morning. I'm smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. ☺️

20. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Semogue 830
    • Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar
    • Schick Eversharp Injector
    • Schick
    • Faena Rodon tonic

Smooth Steve, JazzDoc, ilts and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.