TSD Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by swarden43, Sep 12, 2017.

?

TSD Soaps and you

1. Yes, love 'em

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No, don't care for 'em

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Don't know, never tried 'em

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Shop is up and running!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Once I work down my soap inventory I want to buy some TSD soaps and give them a try. Problem with international shipping expenses is that the cost for just one soap is prohibitive so it's tough when you buy a new one.

Paul Turner and mrchick like this.
  3. Guy Woodall

Guy Woodall Active Member

Can anyone tell me how subzero compares to fine snakebite in terms of menthol levels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. So if the post office comes through, I'll be giving it a go tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. SharptoothC

Bourbon Vanilla arrived. My virgin shave with TSD shave is now in the books. I opted for the lanolin shave stick. The scent is quite nice. It reminds me of L'Occitane's Eau De Baux. Not as in a copy, but in the same wheelhouse. The two paired up very nicely. I rubbed the shave stick across my stubble and went at face lathering with a damp 30DC brush with a tuxedo knot and I had no trouble getting a good, slick lather. It was able to handle a fair amount of water, and I got three passes out of the deal. It's a keeper.

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I remember the first TSD soap I tried which was the Avalanche. That one had quite a bit of menthol in it, but less than the Iced Subzero. I was a pretty good soap.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

With only 2 days left in the month, I believe I can proclaim "Yes Love'Em" for the W in the TSD Soap survey.

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I only bought one, it was the lanolin eucalyptus. I love the scent strength, but the gooeeey consistency and the fact it's my worst performing soap has prevented me from trying anymore. I have some left but I can't bring myself to use it up and sits in a drawer.

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. swarden43

I found the lanolin requires less water than the original formula.
    Maybe give that a try?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  10. Jorvaljr

I've tried a semi dry brush to a wet brush. It didn't work.

11. swarden43

:(

12. Jorvaljr

No worries. I've found plenty of more soap makers that work. :)

13. SharptoothC

I got the lanolin in a shave stick and I find it to work well.

14. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If I can find my Iced Subzero I swear I'll use it tomorrow instead of the lousy Frost_byte.

PLAla likes this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Try leaving the lid off and let the soap dry out.

I've never had anyone say "gooey" when describing the lanolin soap. I'm not real sure why that would be. Did you soak it before lathering? That might do it.

Paul Turner, PLAla and SharptoothC like this.
  16. Jorvaljr

I bloomed it once, and that didn't help it. I always air dry soaps for 24 hours. The little that was left I transferred to another container. When I scooped it out it was rubbery on the outside and the bottom .. the center was gooey sort of like melted taffy. It was coming out in one piece it was the most bizarre thing. I just tore it into 2 pieces and placed them in a smaller container.

17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have a bunch of Barbershop scents. TSD Barber Shoppe is unique, and I would agree that it is a bright scent, not powdery. I have tried it in the regular and Lanolin formulas. The lanolin is less touchy with the water, and a little easier to lather. Currently, I have TSD Barber Shoppe Lanolin, and TSD Purple Rain (LE) in the standard formula. I have finished off pucks of Lime, Iced Yin Yang (Lavender Lime with menthol) and a couple samples. Even with the stupid size my soap collection has gotten to, I will be replacing the Barber Shoppe when it is gone. I also recommend M-Bomb for adding menthol to anything.

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Have not tried the Wheat cream or the lanolin, but the regular formula is decent. I agree that sometimes having too many soaps does mean some get neglected or not used as much as one would like.

Favorite TSD scents:

Polynesian Red- Amazing Fresh Fruit Scent
    Commando Cocktail
    Brut type
    Mango Coconut
    Egyptian Spice
    Frankincense & Myrrh

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's why they say you can use Rise shaving foam just plain(no hot water needed to prepare for it). Rise has good lanny.