September 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Which SE will you be using this month?

1. Schick Injector

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Pal Injector

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage Gem of some sort

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Mongoose

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Shavette

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Artist Club

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Traditional Straight

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Fooled you - no SE here!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Cookies. Either let me have some or let me out.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great picture Brian. He is growing up so quickly.

Sorry to hear of your travel misfortunes. I know how bad that sucks. Good luck.

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you! Pushing back Time to sign off.

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Doug.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Smells like the Drug Store SEptember!!!! (Stirling Booster)

September 29
    Razor - Schick E2 Injector
    Blade - [​IMG] (5)
    Soap - Stirling Sandalwood
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    ASOD - The Veg

Next to the last shave for SEptember so the Schick E2 gets one more shave. Stirling Sandalwood for the soap, the JR46 for the fantastic lather and two passes and a little bit of touch ups gets near-BBS. And, it's the smoothest the E2 had given me this month. This little razor could get addictive if I spent enough time with it. I've enjoyed both of the Schick Injectors this month as they took me back to when I first started shaving. I can see why they have continued to be popular. By the way - I was watching one of the James Bond movies today, I believe it was The Man With the Golden Gun with Roger Moore - and he was shaving with a Schick M. Kind of cool to spot that.

Tomorrow finishes it up with the Gem 1912 for one more shave before hitting OCtober. I'm getting my OC's out and ready to go. Have a great weekend!

Schick E2.jpg

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

September 2017
    Drugstore goodness!

So busy...but here's what I've been up to!

IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1450.JPG IMG_1449.JPG

The real treat this week was the return of the Boots UK, middle pic. It's a house brand, and is scented of cedar, sandalwood, patchouli and spice. Great hard soap, and the AS is the same scent. So, if you're in the UK, stop by a Boots drugstore and pick it up. You won't be sorry! Apologies for my sporadic absence, but we all know how life can get stupid busy. Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a superb Saturday!
    :)

Drygulch, Linuxguile, RyX and 11 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

My sugggestions for those new to OC:

(descending aggressiveness)

Fatip
    Any of the old SE OC razors
    PAA Phoenix Double OC (quite mild)

Everybody remember, open comb has no effect on aggressiveness whatsoever. OC allows for longer intervals of growth, and leaves more lather on the skin. It does not affect geometry one bit. Don't let the teeth scare you off...they are just as easy as any DE razor.

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 8 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I need to get the Phoenix. I've always been intrigued by its design. Just a cool looking shiny to have around. I'll add the Gillette New to the list. LC or SC. Geometry of the SC makes it a bit more aggressive than the LC but they're both awesome and smooth shavers.

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 9 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

I am down to only the Fatip for OC DE, it's also my only remaining three piece. The PAA I had was pif'd over a year ago, but simply because I went minimalist. It was indeed a fine razor, appropriate for new converts, but enough gap to keep the vets happy.

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 5 others like this.
  10. mrchick

Do you know the way to San Jose?[​IMG]

Drygulch, RyX, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Wing strobe, or you may wanna take note that ETs are flanking your aircraft.

Carry on.

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 3 others like this.
  12. mrchick

Wing strobe
    They held my last plane in SFO so we could connect. I’m going to make it home.
    Sorry to hijack the unhijackable thread. Back to shaving

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 6 others like this.
  13. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

September 30 Friday just after midnight

For my last shave of SEptember, I went back to the drugstore and used my Neutrogena shave cream/gel and lotion. The Pal adjustable on its lowest setting once again gave me a good shave -- a single pass to a DFS+ without irritation. The Neutogena lotion then provided a nice finish. After using the Nivea Sensitive Balm yesterday, I think the Neutogena Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion is equally soothing but feels a little less greasy.

This month I have mastered the use of the Supply Provision Single Edge injector so I can now regularly get good, irritation- and blood-free shaves from it on the second plate and even on the third plate with care. I have reminded myself how nice and nimble the Schick E2 is. And I have become acquainted with another great injector in the Pal adjustable.

In software, I have enjoyed good shaves for about three weeks straight using the Neutrogena brushless cream. It would make an excellent travel product.

With brushes, I have learned that I need to improve my technique with boar brushes and/or finish breaking in my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood boar brush. It's a beautiful brush but so far only works well for me with some soaps.

And through the month I have enjoyed the pictures and the friendly banter on the thread.

I haven't figured out what I will do for October yet. I have a Fatip Grande and a couple old Gillette OCs that I will probably use at least a few times in honour of OCtober. (I think the Gillettes may need polishing first. They are both silverplated models and right now both are looking pretty black.) But I doubt I will spend the whole month with them. I will probably also spend more time with the Semogue SOC brush and see if I can get it dialled in.

Hope to see everybody back in the next thread for OCtober.

Drygulch, Linuxguile, RyX and 6 others like this.
  14. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I think your grandson scared them into holding the plane for you. What a classic pic. You need to work on your rants.

15. Keithmax

Saturday Shave:

Paired the Zoologist Civet EDP with the Chiseled Face special edition, smelling great. Zoologist is new artisan perfumer and I am very impressed with what they are putting out... and know it does not smell live civet.

I had a hard time dialing in this soap, it is only the second use, but the edge was fantastic and I had an epic shave.

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A

Razor: Dovo Bismark 2
    Strop: Tim Miller
    Brush: Thater
    Pre: Nivea
    Soap: Chiseled Face - Zoologist Civet
    AS: Speick
    Scent: Zoologist Civet

ID - 1.jpg

Drygulch, Linuxguile, RyX and 8 others like this.
  16. mrchick

Thank you! Fourteen hours and four airports later, I’m home

Drygulch, RyX, SharptoothC and 6 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Happy trails to you. :)

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Bourbon Jungle is a great scent.

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good one.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

20. Keithmax