SoS: September 25, 2017 - October 1, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

How do you like the new scent?

120inna55 likes this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

It was actually his first scent (retail, anyway), but I'd never had the pleasure until this re-release. It's less complex than B&M's other offerings, but therein lies its charm. It's an elegant, simple fragrance. I feel like there's a hint of cade, but there's no mention of it. It could just be the intermingling of the lavender with the cedar...perhaps it's more complex than I thought.

mrchick likes this.
  3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

My Evening shave.
    R41.
    Tabac all around. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcat, alfredus, RyX and 11 others like this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Beautiful picture, Doug!

5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Red Tip Superspeed circa 1955-1960 (Re-plated in Satin-Nickel Finish by Razor Emporium.)
    Blade - BiC Chrome Platinum
    Shave Brush - Ever-Ready 1960's vintage (Polished and re-knotted with a 26mm Ubersoft II knot from Envyshave by Razor Emporium.)
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Shave Soap - Old Spice Type scent by The Village Soapsmith
    Aftershave - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice manufactured in Mumbai, India by Rubicon
    Post-shave Balm - Retseliney Luxury Skin Care Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
    Deodorant - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Fragrance - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"

Bobcat, Yehuda D, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  6. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Terrific set-up and combination of shave products!

Yehuda D, clint64, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober!!!

Razor - 1918 Gillette Old Style
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - 30 DC LE
    Post - Alum

What better way to start OCtober than with the oldest OC I have along with a classic soap that existed when the razor was brand new. We'll go retro with the Fat and the Old Style and only acknowledge modernity with the synthetic brush. Add a Voskhod to the mix and we should have shaving nirvana.

As much as I talk about technique I sometimes have to be reminded that it encompasses more than just the razor/blade combo. Soap/lather takes technique too and I created a huge mess when I started. MWF likes a wet puck with a dry(er) brush so I soaked the puck and after the quick soak of the Tuxedo knot I gave it three good shakes and started to load. Sounds good, except synthetics hold water like they think they'll never be wet again. I started with a sloppy, thin, drippy mess. I squeezed the brush out and just lathered over the mess on my face and managed to turn it into some pretty nice Fat lather. Not the best but definitely serviceable. Learned that lesson.

Three full passes just because I felt like it and all three were smooth with no blood. This razor is a biter if you slip up but I stayed on my game there. Finished with a near-BBS and alum that was only mildly warm. I'll call that a great start to the month!!

My plan is to do three shaves with each razor, keeping the same soap for all three but rotating brushes. Two more days on this combo and I'll pick the next razor. Or take a day to do something else. We'll see how it goes. But for now, the retro shave worked great!

Final fun fact for today's shave - I was looking through past history on the 30 Day thread and my pictorial record. Every year my October 1 shave has been with this razor, soap and blade. The brush has changed but not the other gear.

[​IMG]

Bobcat, PLAla, Yehuda D and 10 others like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 10012017.gif
    Proraso Sandalwood soap
    30 DC LE Cypress Cashmere
    Suribachi bowl & cool water
    Gillette Old OC Ball End handle
    Feather Hi-Stainless blade
    Alum, Three Leathers AS

Bobcat, PLAla, Yehuda D and 10 others like this.
  9. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Thanks! Old Spice is one of my faves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.