How's your day? October 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Oct 1, 2017.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Getting ready to go to service. Gotta love having the first day of the month be a church day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 and sdguero like this.
  3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Have to Close my pool today and it’s only 48 degrees out side. Water is 60 degrees and yes I Have to get in. Brrrr
    Lol. Fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am still feeling a bit under the weather. But in some good news, the new camera I ordered came today. I wanted something compact, with high zoom capacity- this one has 30x optical.

This is a picture I took, with the zoom lens, from about 15 feet away;
    C7D154C2-E3BD-4F64-980D-6509BC99553B.jpeg

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Been going pretty hard for the last 2 days. Lot of stuff to unload and unpack for my son.
    Taking tomorrow off for breakfast at Ruth Ann's in downtown Columbus, followed by some time at the National Infantry Museum.

RaZorBurn123 and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

They finished our kitchen remodel today, 2 1/2 weeks without a functional kitchen got a bit tedious. Now it's time to clean ioff the dust and move stuff back in.

19 days ago during demo
    [​IMG]

and a pic from yesterday
    [​IMG]

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Amazing! Congratulations.

Erik Redd likes this.
  8. Erik Redd

Thanks, but all I did was bankroll the project. My wife insisted on asking my opinion about various design issues, but if her opinion differed she generally just ignored mine and did what she wanted.

Queen of Blades, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Nice!

Erik Redd likes this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

So two weeks back my car suddenly lost power and ran at most 40 km/h [25mph]. Turned out to be a break in one of the cables in the cable harness. Since the harness was cast in some kind of a foam housing, the whole harness had to be remade (custom job) and replaced. Duration: one to two months. Cost: a lot. The car was in need of a service job as well and a new technical vehicle inspection. So all in all: pricey! And we have had it for only 11 months, almost to the day. Return value of the car: practically nil.

Luckily they had a few reasonably priced cars and left some extra off because of the 11 month failure. Check one: how are the cable harnesses? - good. Overall condition? - good. Drawbacks: no airco; no CD, no tape cassette, certainly no way to connect an MP3 player - only radio; largest drawback: former owner was a heavy smoker (no offense, ya'll smokers, but this was like driving an ashtray; everything reeks and has a yellowish colour to it). Hence the reasonable price. We went for it. SWMBO has been busy for almost two days cleaning it, but still the smell persists. It has even imbedded itself in the plastic material. Scrubbing with detergents helps somewhat and at least freshens the colours, but the stench remains. I guess we'll have to cover it up with some kind of car perfume.

Or I may leave an open tub of shaving soap in the car. ;)

But at least I think we will have a good car for a few years. (fingers crossed)

RaZorBurn123, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  11. richgem

:rofl:
    Well, in fairness, she's probably the one who will be using it the most.

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. richgem

Leave some Lilac Veg in the car.. .problem solved! :rofl: And on the up side, the police will smell you coming and not stop you.

On a more useful note... sprinkle either ground coffee (either freshly ground or used grounds that have been dried out) or baking soda* all over and let it sit for a day or so then vacuum it up. Both are great at absorbing odors.

* Sodium Bicarbonate

Also borax in water is a good whitening treatment without the bLeaching problem of cholorine bleach.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  13. RetLEO-07

Getaway day today. We did the trip down in one loooong day. Gonna take two to head back to Jersey.

14. Erik Redd

I'm sure it always a longer trip heading back to Jersey. :p

RetLEO-07 and richgem like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I don't see the problem here...

White-Beach-Phillippines-750x464.jpg

Otherwise: thanks for the suggestions!

RaZorBurn123 and Erik Redd like this.
  16. richgem

Well, you know where my mind is. :D And, you're welcome.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just got a call from the body shop; my car is ready. YIPEE!!! While Staten Island has its attributes, a good mass-transit system is not one of them. So without a car (or knees adequate for biking on hilly terrain) its hard to get around.

Enrico, macaronus, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

:prrr:

Erik Redd likes this.
  19. richgem

They generally have to pay people to come back. :scared007:

Erik Redd likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07

Ditto :prrr: