New MR-SE, is out.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    I love it when I'm the bearer of good news.
    The new, improved El-Jefe is for sale at Ikon. It's called the MR-SE now and from the pictures there is no doubt it will load a blade securely. I can't wait to compare it to the V1 El-Jefe.

Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and Jim99 like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I find it curious he didn’t take the time/effort to post a photo of one that doesn’t look used; all stained up and gnarly looking threads.

[​IMG]

It should be a great shaving little razor tho.

Keithmax likes this.
  3. Kypros Christodoulides

I hope I'm not getting the one in the picture.

4. Nate.H01

Nate.H01 Member

Is it me or does that look like the underside of the Hawk v1. Granted the truth is in the shave so I may stand corrected lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Kypros Christodoulides

No information has been released yet as to the changes.

6. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the other way around. The Ikon El Jefe was first, the Hawk came afterwards. Shave wise the Ikon shaves better whether in mild or aggressive mode. (Blade forward or back against the tabs.) At least for me that's the case. As always, YMMV is protocol in these matters....

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yeah Greg isn't know for being customer friendly. I'm done with iKon.

PickledNorthern and PanChango like this.
  8. Str8on2

Here is a note from the Ikon website:

*Very Limited Quantity This Batch – Check Back Daily for Stock or Email Us Directly For An Overseas PayPal Invoice.

New Version ~ Modern Razors Single Edge Razor Head – (Corrected El Jefe Redo – es muy bueno)

9. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I ordered one

10. Str8on2

Just received the new, revised El Jefe head dubbed the MR-SE. Couple pics below to show the difference between the 1st gen to the 2nd gen. Better tolerance and tighter fitment for the blade post and blade post holes. Next up a shave. I feel though that the blade still has a minute amount of play, not as severe as the first one, but it's there.
    Sorry for the bad pics gents.......

MR-SE on left, original El Jefe on right......
    [​IMG]

Tighter tolerance, but still not a precisely perfect fit on the blade posts......
    [​IMG]

Much less play once assembled.....
    [​IMG]

Even blade exposure and dead on alignment along the length of the safety bar.......
    [​IMG]

As I said, a shave coming right up....

11. jmsodpc

mine should arrive tomorrow...but i dont have blades...will probably have to wait a week or two for the blades to arrive.

nice photos though....is that the bulldog handle?

Str8on2 likes this.
  12. Str8on2

No, it's a handle from Maggard Razors. The model escapes me at the moment. Have fun with it once your blades come in. Had my first shave with it about 2 hours ago. Really a good, close and comfortable shave. Just as efficient and mid-aggressive like as the original El Jefe. But the shave does feel slightly smoother and more comfortable on each pass. A definite improvement over the original. You don't have to fiddle around with it. The blade lines up better and the fitment is of better quality. I think you will like it. Enjoy.....

13. jmsodpc

KAI Captain PROTOUCH MG
    KAI Captain
    KAI Captain TITAN MILD

those are the blades i have on order...hope they are the right ones

14. Str8on2

Good blades. I've used all Kai blades. The Schick Proline blades are great as are the Feather blades. Feather Pro is my fav though......

15. Kypros Christodoulides

16. jmsodpc

These were the ones I found on Connaught (I like ordering from them)....makes me feel big-time getting an overseas package.....like I'm special

17. Kypros Christodoulides

I buy most of my stuff from Paul. He is very helpful. He even sold to me my RE 1912.

18. jmsodpc

I agree...he is easy to deal with. I just don't like the 1-2 week wait for the package.

19. Kypros Christodoulides

Well, I asked Paul a week ago about the Ikon and he said the new El-Jefe was not included in the razors he was expecting from Ikon. Had he said that the MR-SE was coming, I would have waited and bought from him.

20. jmsodpc