Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 11th October
    Omega 11137 boar
    Lea Classic soap
    ER 1912 Peerless Set
    Gem S/S [ 2 ]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Continued my ER 1912 Rediscovery
    There is no doubt that due to variations in manufacturing/tooling processes over the years the Performance of the 1912 can vary. Today used one aptly named the " Peerless" set. Though a British one it was not at all harsh, and in fact for a 1912 unusually very quiet.

With an excellent Lather the Shave was very smooth and the razor very manoeuvrable . The resultant Shave was without exaggeration one of my best ever SE Shaves, and superior to most I have had with a lot of modern SE razors. So glad I decided to revisit my ER 1912s.

IMG_0011.jpg

Linuxguile, Karl G, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  2. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

11 OCtober
    Williams Wednesday

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 22mm Badger, JR #180
    Soap: Williams
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (1)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse and Stetson After Shave
    Photo:
    SOTD 11 Oct 2017.jpg

Last Night I modified and than stropped a fresh CS blade. Afterwards I got to thinking about how the blade broke on me. That the top of the E was missing and it allowed the blade to move around a bit. So I figured I would try again. I started off by taking the glue off the new blade with an old GEM blade. Because all good stories start with "Here hold my beer", Here hold my beer. I was at my bathroom vanity, I had three blades on the vanity: the GEM, the Feather that I had already modified earlier in the evening and the new Feather that I was going to try and modify in hopes of getting a better break. I had scraped one side of the blade off then turned it over to get the other side. Not paying as much attention as I should have I picked up the first Feather blade to use on the second Feather. This in it's self would not have been that bad except subconsciously I didn't want to ruin the cutting edge so I turned it around so that the sharp edge was were I placed my finger to push the blade across the other. I now have a nice cut on the end of my finger. Sorry no pics of my finger.

This morning I stropped the blade five more times before the shave as the blade was able to move around when I stropped it the night before. The Williams and JR #180 whipped up a nice lather. Now if you remember the first shave with the last CS blade it was rough. It was okay at best. OMG! Today's shave was hands down better than any shave I got from the un-stropped CS blade. It was smoother and gave me a closer shave. Three passes and it my not be BBS but damn near it. If this is a example of what is to come I will strop all the CS blades from here on. At least for the Valet. Finished off the shave with some Stetson AS and I am ready for anything the world my throw at me today.

Linuxguile, Karl G, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  3. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 10.11.2017

Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: TOBS Eton College
    Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
    Blade: Gem Blue Star (1)
    Brush: Omega Hi-Brush synthetic
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm, Stetson Original AS

Very pleasant, comfortable face and head shave this afternoon. I really like the TOBS Eton College scent. Hope everyone's shave goes as well!
    IMG_1321.JPG

Linuxguile, Karl G, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  4. Corto

Corto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This soap has my favorite scent of all my soaps... a delicious, gourmand, fig and vanille sweet and warm aroma. And the lather it's something else too. The Heljestrand... I think I'm falling in love!

Alan, Linuxguile, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

October 11, 2017
    Jamie's SOTN...
    Used Supply 2.0 again, today used medium plate with a new NOS plus platinum. With the med. plate and sharper vintage blade I got a awesome shave, the angle being shallow is very important..

pretty razor...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, Karl G, GarnerPW and 6 others like this.
  6. sdguero

Both of my boys attend Chadron State. Great school.

Karl G, GarnerPW and clint64 like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Three nights ago got a great shave with my I2 Hydro-magic...No kidding...a full BBS, but in 4 passes with touch-up..
    Two nights ago, a full BBS with two passes and touch up with my OCMM.
    Yesterday another VERY close BBS with my Schick Symplified Automatic Repeater, C3...
    Today, although I hardly needed to shave after all the BBS's....I did two brillient passes with the F type, plus touch up...actually didn't get BBS everywhere...but with all the exfolliating I've been doing lately...All I wanted was to get a great shave and not even think of chasing the baby....};^D

Linuxguile, Karl G, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  8. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Reading thru this, I've had a carbon-copy week of shaves thus far.

Started with a Schick I2 Hydro-Magic, just as @Bird Lives , and achieved a beautifully smooth, irritation-free finish.
    Brought out the heavy equipment with a Gem MMOC next, and quickly wiped out 2 days of growth for a wonderful BBS.
    Last two days have been 2 pass and touch-up shaves with a Gem G-Bar/Heavy Flat Top, and I'm still smooth 12 hours later.

There's just something about these SE razors that produce a longer lasting smoothness, compared to a DE. Is it a "deeper" shave from the stiffer blade? Is it the shallower blade angle? Are the whiskers just more terrified of 100+ year old razors still doing battle in the trenches? :confused:

Linuxguile, Karl G, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great Minds....or should I say, "Great Whiskers"?:signs021:

sdguero, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 12th Oct.
    Omega 10005 boar
    L`Occitane soap
    ER 1912 Peerless set
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

ER 1912- Rediscovered
    Having had an unpleasant Shave with an ER 1912 I did not use one for a while, preferring other models. I decided
    that as others had found out you can get one that does not Shave well due to variations in production over the years. So to be fair decided to give them another go.

I have now just completed my 3rd Shave with a British ER 1912, a different one each day. I started off with a shimmed blade which was quickly discarded, each Shave was Top Notch, amongst the best I have had from a Vintage SE, and rivals those with those SEs that I have used with AC type blades. To date not sampled a Modern
    SE Gem Razor. The ER 1912 is now back in my rotation.

IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  11. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Do either of your boys ride for the schools rodeo team? My father boards most of the teams horses.

sdguero, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 12, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick G8 injector
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Wilkinson Sword shave stick
    WTG, touch up

Schick G8 this morning for a smooth ride. Nice results from this combination. Have a great day!

SOTD 10-12-17.JPG

13. sdguero

Ken,

No, they're not. I'm sure they know others who are in rodeo, but their interests lie in other pursuits.

Dan

clint64 and GarnerPW like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

C3 with Kai Mild AC blade didn't feel like an optimum match, too much work necessary on my head shave. Some of that is the finicky nature of the Repeaters when it comes to angle, but I've had better shaves with them.[​IMG]

Karl G, GarnerPW, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  15. sdguero

SOTD 10.12.2017

Pre-shave: hot shower
    No brush
    Barbasol Sensitive Skin shaving cream
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
    Blade: Gem Blue Star (2)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Pinaud Musk Cologne

I had been out fishing most of the day so didn't get showered and shaved until this evening. Just wanted a quick shave since it's soon off to bed. I picked up this Sensitive Skin Barbasol last week at Walmart in their travel section bins. I don't believe I've ever used it before. It was very nice. I especially like the scent which reminds me of a Sandalwood scent. Overall, a very good, satisfying shave. I hope everyone is enjoying his / her week!
    IMG_1346.JPG

Karl G, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  16. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

Tonight's shave 10/12/17
    Everready 1914/Gem ptfe (1)
    Semogue 1305
    PAA speakeasy soap
    Victoria and Margaret AS toner
    PAA speakeasy AS

Two passes with my old caseworn 1914 and a fresh ptfe blade.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Karl G, Linuxguile, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 13th October.
    After 3 great Shaves with ER 1912, moved on to my favourite ER the Chrome Plated SE, aka " Streamline", though
    this was from an " Ambassador" set. Many find it too heavy and aggressive, but I find that by using a really light
    touch the weight of the Razor really does the work, and I got a super close Shave with it today, looks quite good too.

IMG_0015.jpg

Karl G, sdguero, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  18. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

last night's SUPPLY shave on classic plate. .... This is a fun shave, very different than vintage injectors

[​IMG]

Karl G, sdguero, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 13, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

Featherweight today for great results. Light pressure is the key. Well, good angle also, but the angle on these GEM razors isn't difficult to find or maintain. All around nice shave. Have a great day!

SOTD 10-13-17.JPG

Karl G, sdguero, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I've been using the PAL adjustable all week and have paired it up with TOBS sandalwood cream (not pictured) and a Personna blade. The shaves have been excellent, wit mostly BBS results every day. Once you get the angle right with this razor, it is excellent! I now remember why the PAL was my favorite razor last year.
    IMG_2695.jpg

Karl G, sdguero, clint64 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.