General Razors Owners Group (G.R.O.G.)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by clint64, Oct 15, 2017.

1. allyourbase

allyourbase New Member

FWIW, the long SE blades took me a couple of shaves to get used to and maneuver. Now I tend to prefer them over all.

DesertTime and clint64 like this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the pack my friend. Be ready to be seduced by the AC single edge blades and the Colonial Razor Brigade!! :signs136:

3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Guess what was waiting for me in the mail box today? My new Aluminium General and a SS handle. I am now waiting on some Kai Pinks and Feather Pro Supers. Once the blades get here I will use it and post it here.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats guys. Be sure to let us know what you think.

Douglas Carey and DesertTime like this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Due to the 40 dollar price, this is my 1st SE that uses these "artist" blades. I also bought Schick Proline P-30.
    from "shearworld". I cannot compare shave with other brands and my review is usless. But, great shave with a few skips..Razor is aluminum so it's light, but I love that it's 3 piece and handle options are endless... Fun ,wide, a razor with a little bite...

Proline blades are amazing, wish i could find the p size injectors..
    [​IMG]

6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Those Schick Prolines are my favorite blade for the General. You'll like that combination.

Douglas Carey, EzraCobb and clint64 like this.
  7. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I was late for the SS General, but I did pick up an Aluminum for my son. I had to try it. I was not optimistic as I prefer heavier razors and my experience with aluminum razors in the past has not been good. I loaded a new Schick Proline and went to work with some Soap Commander. I was surprised. This razor shaved as well as my Brass and resulted in a 2 pass (wtg + atg) BBS shave. Colonial certainly knows how to make a razor.

My son may have to wait a bit -- I 'll leave it to him in my will.

8. Str8on2

You're a good man......

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    DesertTime and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. allyourbase

allyourbase New Member

Gentlemen, The SS General does not disappoint! Only one shave down and I'm throughly impressed. I don't own the brass version but the weight of the SS felt like it made my shave an effortless BBS. Will be alternating days with my alu General to draw a better comparison.
    IMG_7946.jpg

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo. I am glad you enjoyed the first outing with the razor.

Douglas Carey, EzraCobb and Str8on2 like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The SS General looks fantastic. I'm not surprised that you enjoy the shave.

12. Str8on2

The more I look at this razor, the more I'm tempted in acquiring one and putting a nice high gloss polish on it.

allyourbase and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Too funny. I was just thinking the same thing about the high polish. Or a nice coating from Delta Echo. Mmmm .

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. Str8on2

OH YEEESSSS!!!

clint64 likes this.
  15. GarnerPW

23 OCtober

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 28mm Faux Finest Badger, Frank Shaving(FS)
    Soap: The Lounge, Stirling Soap Co
    Razor: Black Aluminium General, Colonial Razors
    Blade: Kai Pink, Kai Captain Titan Mild (1)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Lilac Vegetal AS (Veg), Pinaud
    Photo:
    [​IMG]

Today was the first use of the new Alu General. I paired it with a Kai Pink blade. This is only my second "NEW" razor since I started wet shaving seven years ago. I have only used vintage razors for the past nine months. After using the Valet for the past two months this shave was effortless. I now know way others love this razor. It is lighter and the head is wider than what I am use to but neither of this two issues where able to prevent me from a three pass BBS shave. Honestly this was one of the best shaves I have had in a long time.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I thought you would like the razor. Colonial really nailed it with the General.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8on2 and GarnerPW like this.
  17. GarnerPW

Oh I really do Clint. I really do. I am going to try and pick up the SS when and if they release it again.

What is your opinion on the RazoRock Black Hawk? I loved the General so much that I was thinking about picking up the Black Hawk as well.

clint64 likes this.
  18. Str8on2

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Many good reviews on the Aluminum Gen. Their whole line up has been nothing but excellent razors. A true success.....

clint64 likes this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have never tried the Black Hawk so I wouldn’t be any help. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarnerPW likes this.
  20. GarnerPW

Thank you sir.

clint64 likes this.