The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Then you forgot the lyrics of the Elton John song "Mars ain't the kind of place, to raise your kids......in fact it's "cold as hell"

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Sir Elton John is a bit before my time.

jason koonce likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

He wasn't the same singer he is now, anyway. Plus we don't hear those oldies these days. Here's my reaction to this "no play" on radios:

Stinks.

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Went full tilt @stirlingsoap for tonight's shave. And what a shave it was! Bergamot Lavender is a nice, relaxing scent. Used a brand new Polsilver blade in my Rockwell 6S. It's a good blade, but might not be smooth enough for my skin. I'll decide after shaving with it a few more times.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had such an awesome shave with the Glacial Lemon Chill soap. That freezing sensation got stronger with each pass. The matching balm and witch hazel kept that freeze going. It sure feels good to use my Super Speed again, and the Astras are the best blades for me.

6. Gnomeo0228

The way you describe your shaves, I don't know why everyone doesn't rush out to get their own Stirling Glacials

7. Linuxguile

I know why, because regular Stirling mentholated soap nearly freezes my face off. The thought of a glacial scares me.

8. Gnomeo0228

Nothing to be scared of . I know strong menthol isn't for everyone, but man, it's addicting lol

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Yes, for a commentator the man really commentates :).

10. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Lol I love the regular menthol soap I can’t wait to try a glacial soap lol. And his comments do make that seem a lot more to look forward to haha!

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. gregcss

gregcss Member

I may have missed this but is the Glastonbury shave soap going away or just taking a time-out?

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. Linuxguile

Glastonbury is a seasonal scent and is only out during the spring/summer time.

PLAla, Paul Turner and gregcss like this.
  13. gregcss

gregcss Member

Thanks!

Linuxguile and Paul Turner like this.
  14. jason koonce

I’m thinking about ordering a jar of the executive man and getting the matching splash not sure if I want the menthol or not for winter time. But the menthol does feel amazing

PLAla likes this.
  15. jason koonce

Hmm after some research maybe the balm instead.

PLAla likes this.
  16. anaconda44

anaconda44 Member

I get nowhere near 3-4 weeks from Stirling bath soaps. I typically get 9 to 11 days out of each bar and I'm the only person who uses it.

I rub the bar into a really good quality wash cloth and then take a minute to work up a thick lather. I do, however, seem to get a couple more days out of Electric Sheep with the mutton tallow than I usually do with the beef tallow bath soaps.

I should also mention that I shave my head as well, so I use the bath bars on my head instead of shampoo. I no longer use shampoo once I discovered Stirling soaps.

PLAla, jason koonce and Yehuda D like this.
  17. Yehuda D

Lollllll Nothing to be scared of, buddy!

Lee, myself, and a few others are the only guys I know who can handle such heavy-duty menthol. It's not for the average wetshaver!

jason koonce likes this.
  18. anaconda44

anaconda44 Member

Yes, I shave my head too, so it felt like a dunked my entire head in a bucket of ice water after using the Spearmint shave soap and AS.

jason koonce, LOOT and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Yehuda D

Every Glacial soap has that same frigid sensation - it's so wonderful!

anaconda44 likes this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The full size soap bars I've had lasted less than two weeks, probably more about the 10-12 shower range. I just used the bar right on my skin - no wash cloth or anything like that. Great quality stuff and I enjoyed it, but I had heard others saying how long they lasted and I was disappointed to not even approach that longevity.

anaconda44, Linuxguile and LOOT like this.