The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Ordering a jar of executive man today as well as the splash

LOOT, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

B967F358-DDB5-4D0D-AC3F-F993E8F51DE3.jpeg

Mail call today. Mostly bath soaps, but I did grab some Baker Street shave soap and AS (with Glacial menthol) and a puck of Agar. Thanks to some enabling by @Linuxguile, I ended up with a new brush as well. @ezlovan also sent a tester of some Barbershop scented natural deodorant, which I am looking forward trying.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Great haul Jim! You won't be disappointed in the brush!

Paul Turner and Norcalnewb like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'll be using the mentholated pre-shave soap tomorrow but I'll be shaving with another soap brand. Wednesday I'll use another one of Rod's jewels for my shave that morning. Either Electric Sheep or Black Ice.

cliffb599 and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  5. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I got mine. Game on.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I've got a sample of this that I haven't tried yet, but looking forward to it for sure!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Deodorant??? Woww....Doc Ezlovan is moving right along, it appears.

ezlovan and Norcalnewb like this.
  8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Deodorant? This changes things. I can't use most store-bought deodorants. I have to order expensive natural ones or I break out. I will be looking into these.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific haul, Jim! I look forward to your impressions and reviews!

Yehuda D and Norcalnewb like this.
  10. SharptoothC

@Norcalnewb, where did you find the deodorant? I can find nothing about it on their site or Facebook.

PLAla, Yehuda D and Norcalnewb like this.
  11. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

has anyone had issues with ordering from stirling? I placed a order on sat, and it is saying "awaiting fillment"? usually I atleast get a instant email, but NOTHING?

@ezlovan PM if I did something wrong?

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

If it says awaiting fulfillment, it means they have it, and it’s paid. You’re good.

IDuck, PLAla, Yehuda D and 1 other person like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

It was included with my order and labeled as Tester #3, so I am not sure it is available just yet.

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  14. Norcalnewb

My Baker Street shave:

23480AD6-9569-40CF-8BA5-6DFF13B5356D.jpeg

The Glacial level of menthol is cool, and it also is very detectable in the scent. I was a little surprised how long the menthol scent stayed there. It did dissipate, and I was left with the great Baker Street scent, which my wife also liked.

I also used the tester of the deodorant. I enjoy Stirling Barber Shop, as it is different than every other Barber Shop scent I have tried. The deodorant has the same scent (as expected). Like a lot of natural deodorants, it melts on. I will he curious to see how long the sample lasts, as my experience is these can go fairly quickly. I'll have to use it a few days to comment on its overall effectiveness.

15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

I thought so but every time I order from Stirling I get almost a instant email and haven't received one at all. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I would email Rod at stirlingsoap@gmail.com and let him know. He'll want to get it straightened out as soon as possible.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

I e-mailed Rod about an order I had just received. It looked odd to me-specifically it was the Barbershop soap I've been enjoying. He told me not to worry about it's immediate appearance, and that it should be fine. After his return e-mail, I stopped worrying, and it's been more than fine ever since.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  18. SharptoothC

Ah, I see that when I zoom in. Hopefully that gets out there soon.

Paul Turner and Norcalnewb like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I'm leaning toward that one before year ends.

cliffb599 and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

I did a little cardio workout over lunch today, and it seemed to hold up fairly well. The scent is fairly strong, so it was definitely detectable. There was a little break down going on, but it is believe most people would not have noticed. If that is an indication of the effectiveness, I would say it is going to work well. I'll continue to use it over the next few days to see how it holds up.

SharptoothC and Paul Turner like this.