November Adjustables

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have decided that for November I will be using my adjustable razors. As it turns out, I have nine. Weekends will be reserved for straights and my Gem Jr. Lather Catcher. The rest of the days will be free for all my adjustables. I haven't settled on a sequence, yet. I will be using menthol soaps/creams on Mondays and Williams on Wednesday. I will start off with my new Musgo Real Soap for the first week.

Here is a picture.

adjustables.JPG
    In the stand, left to right:
    Parker Variant, Ming Shi, Gillette Slim, Gillette Super 84, Gillette 190 Black Beauty, Schick Adjustable, Bunny V3

Front left: Rockwell 6C

Front right: Gillette 195

I will get three shaves out of most razors.

2. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Maybe chronologically.

Gillette 195, Gillette Slim, Gillette Super 84, Gillette 190 Black Beauty, Schick M2 Adjustable, Bunny V3, Parker Variant, Ming Shi, Rockwell 6C

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    17Nov1.JPG
    OK, here is the line up for November, excluding weekends.
    Gillette 195, Gillette Slim, Gillette Super 84, Gillette 190 Black Beauty, Schick M2 Adjustable, Bunny V3, Parker Variant, Rockwell 6C, Ming Shi.

4. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

That sounds like a great idea! A good way to mix things up and keep life interesting. I will look forward to your regular updates.

ilts and Jayaruh like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams Mug
    Jayaruh #235
    Gillette 195 Fatboy
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #235 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Come on, guys. Share your adjustables here this month.

PLAla, ilts, Linuxguile and 1 other person like this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

November 1st 2017 Adjustable Shave DSCF1869.JPG

Jim99, PLAla and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #235
    Gillette Slim
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #235 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Slim razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ilts and Jim99 like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Very nice collection of adjustables. Should be a great month of shaves!

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #235
    Gillette Super 84
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #235 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Super 84 razor on 7 with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ilts, NCoxSTL and Jim99 like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave

[​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Proraso
    Jayaruh #220
    Gillette 190 Black Beauty
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #235 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 190 Black Beauty razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

NCoxSTL and ilts like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's Adjustable Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #220
    Schick Adjustable
    Personna
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Schick Adjustable razor and Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ilts and NCoxSTL like this.
  12. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Adjustable Shave 11/07/17 DSCF1898.JPG

NCoxSTL and Jayaruh like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That Pall Adjustable is a nice looking razor. For some reason it just did not work out for me. I ended up piffing or trading it, I think.

ilts likes this.
  14. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

I Like The Pal Adjustable, It's Very Intuitive For Me To Use. I Have Only Had One Bad Shave With It But I Think It Was A Dud Blade. How Do You Like The Schick Adjustable?

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I get very good shaves from the Schick adjustable. It can be mild to moderately aggressive. I use the higher numbers. Right now I am using it on 7. When I had the Pal, I did not like the raised parts at each end of the blade. I could not get used to it.

ilts likes this.
  16. robbiebelling

robbiebelling New Member

I prefer electric razors because of my sensitive skin

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams
    Jayaruh #220
    Bunny, V3
    Personna
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I used the NOTSO comb with the Bunny, V3 Adjustable razor by @twhite and Personna blade and found the correct angle right away. Two passes and I was baby bottom smooth. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

It has been a while since I have used this razor, and it performed flawlessly. It was super smooth with no irritation at all.

ilts likes this.
  18. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I actually found the wet shaving is easier on my skin than an electric (once you get your technique down). A proper lather creates lubrication between your skin and the blade.

ilts likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I tried to use a Norelco triple head razor when I was 22 and in college. I even tried it with the Williams Lectric Shave. It was not kind to my skin. My oldest son uses an electric razor. Whatever gets the job done for you I guess. My skin appreciates my wet shave routine, and I enjoy it, too.

ilts likes this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Adjustable Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #220
    Parker Variant (4.5)
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Parker Variant Adjustable razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade set on 4.5 and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Norcalnewb likes this.