The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Ordered the glacial splash and a jar of executive man last night. I can’t wait to get it. Got it for my trip on the 18th lol

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  2. anaconda44

anaconda44 Member

I just received an order from Stirling myself yesterday and it included a "Test 2" Shampoo Bar (Bergamot Lavender scent). The test shampoo bar is about half the size of a full size bath bar.

It was quite the irony to receive a shampoo bar since I'm bald as an eagle because I shave my head clean twice a week. I actually do have a full head of hair if I'd let it grow, but I just prefer the clean look. And I already use the bath bars to wash my scruffy head between shaves.

I'm definitely interested in the deodorant stick and you certainly can't go wrong with the Barbershop scent.

LOOT, Paul Turner, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  3. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind a deodorant sample with my latest order, 1 more thing for me to get hooked on from stirling.

Yehuda D, LOOT and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Black licorice-scented icicles in my face tomorrow from the Black Ice soap!

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Count me in!

Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and cliffb599 like this.
  7. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had issues with certain soaps or aftershaves burning after application?

Sharp Dressed Man soap and AS both burn my skin after applying. I've tried them multiple times individually and together, and get the same results from both. I assume its the fragrance oils that aren't agreeing with my skin.

Too bad, as this is my favorite scent and the performance is excellent. May be putting Sharp Dressed Man soap and AS up on the BST, sadly...

8. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Bay Rum burned me. It's the cinnamon oil. Rod told me to stay away from Hot Apple Cider and Pumkin Spice.

The soap and balm were OK...but the AS was painful.

SDM caused me no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Norcalnewb and Yehuda D like this.
  9. Yehuda D

One hell of a nice shave from the Black Ic soap. The menthol effect really hit hard, especially during the second and third passes. Obviously not as hard as how the Glacial Obsidian would hit but still hard.

Gnomeo0228, Linuxguile and Norcalnewb like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

SDM is a scent that has irritated a number of people. I believe there was even a change to it a couple of years back to reduce an irritating culprit.

Too bad it got to you.

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  11. Yehuda D

The regular MITA for tomorrow. It's colder than the Black Ice!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  12. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor

No, nothing wrong. Just our web host inexplicably pointing our emails elsewhere instead of to our website. It should be fixed now. If you need need, you can shoot me an email and I'll forward you the confirmation email. We're behind right now thanks to the new releases, but you should get the shipping email with tracking info when it goes out. Sorry about the confusion.

13. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Just put the Sharp Dressed Man soap and aftershave on the Marketplace here.

It kills me to do it because I LOVE this scent, and the performance of the soap is second to none, but my skin just doesn't jive with the the fragrance oils.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/fs-stirling-sharp-dressed-man.58176/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I am one of those folks. I have 7 Stirling soaps, and it is the only one that irritates me. It was only a sample size. I did have a Sandalwood in another brand that irritated me as well. So many other great Stirling soaps to choose from!

Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

thanks again for the reply....and understandable with the new releases, good luck.

PLAla likes this.
  16. Yehuda D

Myself, I must be lucky because even though my skin tends to be sensitive I don't get any irritation whatsoever from the SDM soap. On the contrary, it leaves my skin feeling very comfortable.

jason koonce, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  17. Yehuda D

My MITA delivered so well on the lather and the menthol goodness. I used the regular version, not the Glacial one.

jason koonce, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo and Glacial Unscented balm for tomorrow morning!

jason koonce likes this.
  19. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

My executive man jar and glacial splash is on it way. Can’t wait

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Which Glacial splash? Oh, are you matching an Xecutive Man splash with your jar of same?