So whatcha put in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by moviemaniac, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'm sure she will, it's commonly at the chain barber shops around here, like Sport Clips and Great Clips.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well, get going!!!

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

OK, @Yehuda D -time for some French:"Avec le gel fixant DOVE MEN + CARE fixation forte, votre style est parfaitement controle(accentgrave). Cheveux lisee et effet mouillet durente toute la journee".

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Vraiment, ton effort m'impressione. Bonne continuation mon vieux!

5. Paul Turner

Actually, I was hoping you would translate it to English, so I could "grade" you, using the Dove Men+ Care tube. :). But I'll accept the complimentment.

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Lately I've been using Paul Mitchells' "Soft Sculpting Spray Gel". My barber suggested it and used it on my hair. I have shoulder length long hair and for the most part wear it in a ponytail. I apply it not by the spray but put it in my hands and wipe the top of my head with it. Comb it out then tie my ponytail up. It leaves a natural shine to the hair and gives it a more neater look. As mentioned the trick is to apply it by hand as suggested by my barber. I'm very happy with the results.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

It's excellent stuff-but works best with long hair.

John Beeman likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

3 out of the 4 can be purchased from Clubman.com.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I wish I had enough hair to run my fingers through, let alone anything else. :rolleyes:

Erik Redd likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My hairline is way up on top of my head. I keep it all cut with and #1 and faded weekly. Basically bald.

It's scalp tonic, at least in my case.

Enrico likes this.
  11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

This has become an issue lately with my daughters insisting I put something in my hair; I suspect they cannot handle their dad going bald slowly

Anyway, I do not like the feel of gel, I wear a hat most days, and I like to shampoo my hair once a week only. Is there anything that could go with that, and still keeps my hair in shape without looking like it's fixed?

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

There's always Carnauba wax. :D

Enrico likes this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

* ahem *

[​IMG]

Eeyore, Erik Redd and Enrico like this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Washing once a week makes it difficult. I hate crunchy hair so I avoid gels of any kind. Most products that help control without crunch tend to have oil in them which builds up quickly over a day or two. I tend to use Vitalis unless I know I’m going to sweat. In that case, I use the Protein 29 liquid which doesn’t run down on my face if I sweat. Protein 29 has kind of a glue like scent to it and it does coat the hair but it seems more like a dry coating.
    I’ve tried a couple hair tonics without oil but they don’t seem to help with fly always or static hair.
    Infusium works okay but doesn’t have enough control for me. It might work well for you though. It’s really lightweight and isn’t very oily at all.
    I have really straight hair that likes to stand at attention so something a little heavier works better for me. Unfortunately most of the products I use makes my hair feel like it hasn’t been washed for a week after only 24 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Dove 4 Men Shampoo just came out with a "Charcoal" product. I've used their Caffeine brand before.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hair's getting even thinner and I'm wearing it fairly short, so even Groom n' Clean is a bit much.

17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Lathered shave soap and a razor blade:)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

What do I put in my hair? Fingers.....

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Serves us right for asking!

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps