Mühle Rocca stainless steel razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Eeyore, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I always consult the German site.

Spud likes this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I cannot connect to the German site. It redirects me to the American site. I did sign up to be informed by email when the Executive Shaving Co. out of Scotland has more.

3. jar

jar Well-Known Member

And what's more the redirect happens on any page and even if cancelled takes you to the EU homepage where clicking on any link starts the loop yet again.

Spud likes this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. I can browse both the Mühle Germany and USA sites without any issues.

5. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

It always redirects me to the the US site too. Oh well, I guess yet another reason why Id move to Germany if I ever had the chance. ;)

Spud likes this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Ah, you're looking forward to our high taxes? ;-)

About the Rocca, they are only available in very small numbers to people in Europe too. I hope that will change soon.

Jim99 likes this.
  7. Badgerstate

Im all for paying high taxes if I actually get something good out of it. ;)

Spud and jar like this.
  8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I received an email today, executive Shaving company had 10 of the black handle and 10 of the wooden. I ordered a black this morning, I’m very happy; did not look like they would ever be back.

Keithmax and Eeyore like this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I emailed Brian at the company to thank him, he said the black are already sold out! Crazy

Keithmax likes this.
  10. Badgerstate

Thats crazy.

Spud likes this.
  11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Story on the German forum goes that Mühle is ramping up production ... but I'm not sure what to believe at this point.

I believe all of the currently sold razors have the V2 head. That is somewhat nicer finished than the V1 head (in my opinion) but they shave the same for me.

(V1 head on the left, V2 head on the right)
    Rocca-heads.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Keithmax and Spud like this.
  12. Badgerstate

Hopefully they can maintain the quality. I've never had an issue with blade alignment or the finish. Id be disappointed to see quality drop.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Spud and Eeyore like this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Arrived today from Scotland. Can’t wait to try it.

Attached Files:

Keithmax and Eeyore like this.
  14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

One more! I love the look of it, might feel slightly top heavy??
    I will shave with it Friday and report back.

Attached Files:

Keithmax likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I posted a review back in January.

It is top heavy indeed. But I like the balance.

Edit: oh wait, that review is the first post of this very thread. Duh!

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Keithmax and Spud like this.
  16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

First shave today. I’m thinking the slight top heavy feel is a help, not a hindrance.
    Very nice shave. Smooth, no nicks. I will post more thoughts after I get a few more shaves in, but I like it.
    Many have said it lies between a R89 and a R41 in aggression but don’t most razors? Haha. A R89 being 1 and a R41 being 10, I would place the Rocca at around 3.5-4, in other words, more aggressive than an R89 but quite far from the R41, IMHO.

Attached Files:

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

@Spud, I think I said between a R89 and a Fatip OC (here or in another thread).

Edit: turns out to be here and in another thread :)

--

Spud likes this.
  18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I have a Grande but rarely use it.i suppose our opinions are in line. Thanks so much for recommending this razor @Eeyore , I was on the fence until I read your review. I think I will love this Rocca.

19. pantograph

pantograph New Member

When I looked this evening, the Muhle USA site shows eight Rocca black razors available in stock.

Eeyore, Keithmax and Spud like this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Looks like the info on the German forum was correct.

--

dangermouse likes this.