SoS: November 13, 2017 - November 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice decanter. :happy096:

2. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noire, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 21 others like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Thanks. I do have a hard time passing on the good buys, between Avon Spicy, and Shulton Old Spice. My two favorites. The Spicy comes a close second.

Douglas Carey, clint64, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 11.16.2017

Head Shave Only:
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
    Razor: Gillette Tech
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
    Post-shave: Assured WH (Dollar Tree), Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, British Sterling AS, British Sterling Cologne

Three days since my last head shave, and I haven't shaved my face since October 31st. I was digging around in the back of a bathroom cabinet shelf looking for my Norelco shaver (to start trimming the beard) and came across the British Sterling bottles. I completely forgot I even had those so I used them today. Great shave today... DFS. Have a great week everyone!
    IMG_1667.JPG

Noire, Jayaruh, ram57 and 19 others like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Gorgeous.

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

7. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thank you Celestino.

Linuxguile, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

Very cool razor Jamie. It looks like new!
    Steve

EzraCobb, Linuxguile, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

11/17/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Shampoo/Conditioning Puck
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock XXX LE Shave Soap
    RazoRock 400 Solid Aluminum 24 x 57mm Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Charcoal Goods Dark Antique Brass Closed Comb Level 2 Head with Tritium Bishop Handle
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Green Pack Super Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula
    RazoRock Mr. Pink After Shaving Splash
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Natural Deodorant

D IMG_7777.jpg

Noire, Jayaruh, ram57 and 21 others like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 11162017.gif
    Tabac Original shave soap
    B-400 by Tom, Omega 98 knot
    Suribachi bowl and cool water
    Ming Shi 2000S set at number 5
    Feather Hi-Stainless blade
    Alum, Shulton Old Spice AS

I skipped an extra day shaving, and I'm already a every other day guy.
    Pages of pictures to view!

wristwatchb, Noire, Jayaruh and 21 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Tell me more? I like a good alcohol burn from my post shave splashes, and I see they do list that as the first ingredient. Key Lime scented...hummm.

Homemade? What do you put in it? Tell me more!!

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

SOTD Tuesday 11/14/2017 thru Thursday 11/16/2017

I have been too busy to post the last couple of days, but have had some very enjoyable shaves.
    Here is the update:
    SOTD Tuesday 11/14/2017
    RAZOR: BOSS 3 Piece Extra Heavyweight - All Metal Textured Safety Razor Long Handle (4 inch handle, 4.8 ounces)
    BLADE: Dorco Platinum ST-300 - 2nd use of this blade.
    PREP: hot water shower with Zest soap- followed by application of bloom water from Hybrid Shave soap
    PRE SHAVE: - Renewal skin cleansing cream
    BRUSH: VDH Boar - from the Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set - third use from new.
    MUG: repurposed coffee/soup Mug
    SOAP: Hybrid (blended) Col. Conk Bay Rum + VDH Luxury Shave Soap- face lather
    POST SHAVE: Hot water rinse
    AFTER SHAVE: Clubman VIBR
    Boss_VDH_Boar_VIBR.jpg
    Really enjoying this new razor. Excellent 3-pass BBS - no issues! I'm getting to the last of this fine hybrid soap. Works great.

SOTD Wednesday 11/15/2017
    RAZOR: BOSS 3 Piece Extra Heavyweight - All Metal Textured Safety Razor Long Handle (4 inch handle, 4.8 ounces)
    BLADE: Dorco Platinum ST-300 - 3rd use of this blade.
    PREP: hot water face wash with Ivory soap- followed by application of bloom water from AOS Shave cream
    BRUSH: Shea Moisture Badger Brush - black badger knot.
    SHAVE CREAM: The Art of Shaving - Lavender Essential Oil - for Sensitive Skin - face lather
    POST SHAVE: Hot water rinse followed by application of CRYSTAL deodorant (deodorant stone - potassium alum)
    Boss_SheaMoisture_AOS_Lavender.jpg

This was a very enjoyable 3rd shave with this razor. Complete 3-pass BBS with excellent face feel and no issues. Loving this razor.
    The Crystal deodorant stone is my choice of Alum Block. Wanted to check the condition of my face after the shave. PERFECT

SOTD Thursday 11/16/2017
    RAZOR: Matador Toro Mastiff Largo - gold; my MOST AGGRESSIVE DE razor - STILL!
    BLADE: Dorco ST300 - I guess that I have used this blade at least 7 or 8 times.
    PREP: hot water face wash with Ivory soap- followed by application of bloom water from Hybrid Shave soap
    BRUSH: VDH Boar - from the Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set - 4th use from new.
    MUG: repurposed coffee/soup Mug
    SOAP: Hybrid (blended) Col. Conk Bay Rum + VDH Luxury Shave Soap- face lather
    POST SHAVE: Hot water rinse followed by application of CRYSTAL deodorant (deodorant stone - potassium alum)
    Matador_Corto_VDH_Boar_VIBR.jpg
    Wanted to compare this Matador with the Boss razor shave for shave. In this test shave, my perception is that the Matador is the more aggressive razor.
    Got a wonderful 2-pass BBS with touch-ups. No issues. The VIBR did give me a nice burn before cool down. I am a happy shaver this week!

wristwatchb, Noire, Jayaruh and 22 others like this.
  13. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Doug - you are too kind :thanks:

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 16 November 2017

[​IMG]

Have a great evening!

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

NOVember!!!

November 16 - Qshave Focus

Razor - Qshave Futur Clone
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - 30 DC LE
    Post - Alum

Given the performance of the Qshave blade in its trial, cranking the razor up to 5 should make for a smoother more effective shave. Even though the gap is way more aggressive than the Fatboy at 9, you'd think that the theory would be a good one. Yeah, you'd think that. Then you'd get to go "nope...stupid idea". Which is exactly what I said during the first pass on this shave. I expected a bit of roughness but not the level I got. Seriously, I thought about scrubbing the shave and changing to a different blade or even razor. Apparently my first impression of the blade after using it on two shaves early in the month was the right impression. With this much gap it just turns into a bad experience. Almost Chinese blade bad. Can't blame the Fat with the DC brush. Great lather. This one's all on the blade.

The result, after two passes and some touch up, is a decent DFS with fairly warm alum. Disappointing, especially since it seemed so promising with the Fatboy. Clearly this blade isn't going to handle 6 so I'm not going to try it. I'll switch out to another blade tomorrow, set the razor on 6, and we'll see how it handles with some different blades. And, since the Qshave blade is an American Personna, the first one I'll try tomorrow will be the Israeli Red. Why not, right? Have a great Friday!

[​IMG]

16. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi folks, tonights SOTD was done with a 1940/41 Gillette Aristocrat.

[​IMG]

I think I have finally decided on an all-time favorite razor. I made this decision before tonight's shave. To me, this razor right here exhibits the epitome of class, elegance, and masculinity. When I bought this razor it was a pig in the poke. Meaning it was ready for the boneyard. I cleaned it up, and shaved with it, and it really shaved well. So I took about a year of asking and listening to people about disassembling these old classics, and finally enough sunk in to where I could tear it down to get it replated. A local company replated it in 24K gold for me, and I then reassembled it. This is one beautiful razor. It will last me the rest of my life. My lung disease has progressed to the point where I need to enjoy everything everyday. So this will be the razor that sees the most use from here on in. I have enjoyed trying different razors each shave, but now I'm going to settle into a semi regular pattern. I love this old classic. But anyway, tonight's shave went well. I tried out a new soap from a friend of mine, it is a Lizzie's Lathers soap, of Glenwood Iowa, and the soaps are often sold at Silver Dollar City in Missouri. The soap has good characteristics. It lathers right up, and provides great slickness and glide for the razor. The scent is nice, and my skin feels fantastic afterward. The rest of my hard and software is self explanatory. Thanks for reading this, and sorry for the rambling. Have a great night all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

Friday shave

Merkur progress and vokshod blade
    Razorock plisoft 24mm brush
    Vintage bowl

Bignoli shaving cream
    Alum Block
    Thayers witch hazel

Aftershave.. Razorock al sapone..

Have a great day guys

18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 11/17/17

Schick G
    Schick (3)
    Synthetic
    Arko
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Gillette Cool Wave A/S

A Fine Friday Shave!

Have A Great Day DSCF1936.jpg

19. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Blackland Sabre L2 & GEM SS ptfe #5
    Maggard Granite 26mm synthetic
    WSP Mahogany Formula T
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    Nivea 2in1 lotion/balm
    IMG_1894.JPG
    Early wee hours of the morning..... It was a hell of a shave. No regrets on the Sabre & L2 combo. A match made in shaving heaven. Have a great day and shaves Gents........ :happy088:

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

GoArt_20171116_212404_1170880108214703306.jpg
    Fantastic Friday
    Just a superb shave in every way. The lather built up very thick and slick, providing a comfortable demise to my stubble. I love this scent! The balm affords me a bit of extra protection against a blustery cold day.
    Prep: PAA Cube
    Soap: PAA Gondolier
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Silver Surfer
    Razor: Rockwell 6sR6
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    AS: PAA Gondolier splash and balm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.