Back hair shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by James_P, Nov 14, 2017.

1. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

lol sorry. I have to ask. Anyone have any luck with any products to shave the back? I’m not wall to wall carpet. More like an area rug in the middle. I don’t feel like paying $40 for a waxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I don’t know of any products specifically for the back. Shaving is shaving; the biggest difficulty is that you can’t see what you’re doing.

James_P likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Check Amazon... there are a few extension handles that you can put a cart razor into and there are also one or two electric beard-trimmer-type things with extended handles as well. I've tried both types and a) could not reach all areas and b) ended up gouging my skin. So for me, both types of products were a fail.

There are also "lotion spreaders"... sponges on a long handle that are for applying suntan lotion, but could be used for applying hair remover (nair, etc.). I've never tried these.

For me laser was the answer. But, maybe you can talk someone into shaving your back for you. Plus, $40 to wax isn't bad considering you really don't need to keep your back BBS every day.

James_P likes this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Here is a video of a guy using the Bakblade.

James_P likes this.
  5. James_P

Awesome thanks!

I just ordered the bakblade 2.0 elite

Can’t wait! It’s less than one waxing

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm not a carpet either, just a little furry, all over the back, and chest. My way of taking care of it is having wife and 11 year old daughter shave it. They think it's fun to take the electric hair clippers to my back, once or twice a year. Plus, I allow them to make all the comments, such as "gross" "Ewh" and of course a bundle of laughs. They like to pile it all up, and continue the comments, when they do that. To Me, the back , and chest hair aren't a bother. As much as women complain about men having hairy bodies, they sure seem to Enjoy running their fingers though it. Body hair has never scared away the women. It also helps if you aren't fat and sweaty.
    Cavemen Rule!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    BamaT, Jayaruh and James_P like this.
  7. James_P

So I got my bakblade 2.0 elite in yesterday. It’s about the easiest way to get my back hair! It was well worth the 34.00. Thanks for the suggestions

Enrico likes this.
  8. Rick01

Rick01 Member

I’ve just finished shaving my back with my straight after making way too much lather. Normally I get the better half to use my beard trimmers but this worked out really good. It was good practice of using the opposite hand as well. Used a Dovo which is quite stiff in the pivot so it was easy to get right back where I normally can’t reach.

9. James_P

Wait... you used a straight razor on your back?
    You are a brave man!

Rick01 likes this.
  10. Rick01

Rick01 Member

It was a lot better than I thought it be haha! It was pretty satisfying watching it come of in one pass, something I don’t think any other razor would do. Will definitely do it again :)

James_P likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You must be a limber dude.

James_P likes this.
  12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm hairy all over my body - arms, legs, chest, (very) and back. My wife uses electric clippers to do my back on a regular basis. Where this hairiness comes from is a mystery to me because neither of my grandfathers were like this and neither is my Dad. I'm verging on being an ape!

James_P likes this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Must be from grandma. :scared007:

wristwatchb and James_P like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

James_P and richgem like this.