2008 Shavemac Holiday Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hello,

Shavemac wanted to say Thank You!! to all their past and present customers and offer a Holiday Group Buy for us :cool:

For your consideration, 2 - Great brushes and a Very nice stand will be offered for the group buy........................:D
    The discount rate is 15% off retail as a thank you to the Shavemac customers.....The Series 163 is in the current lineup
    offered as part of the Traditional line of brushes, Shavemac has recently expanded the sizes offered in the Series 163 line.
    .....the Style 585 is from the Retro line and is a new brush being offered by Shavemac.

Ok, folks.......

The order link is live :D

Please order Here at the Shavemac website

When registering for your order, please create your account with your forum user name / nickname, then create a different shipping address with your full name and shipping address......

That will allow you to be added to the "Forum Member" group and Shavemac will occasionally be offering special forum member deals not offered to the general public. :D You will receive notification of the specials offered to the Forum Member group.

Also a short email would be welcome but is optional.

Like this:

Hey Bernd,
    I just registered with Shavemac. My name is....., I am member of ......, and my forum name is.......

This offer will be offered to forum members through midnight on 12/07/2008 and orders are expected to arrive before the Christmas holiday :D

Orders placed with Credit Cards will not be charged before 12/10/2008.....orders placed with PayPal will be charged in full at the time the order is placed and checked out.

Please let me know if there are any questions ;)

I would like to send out a HUGE Thank You to Bernd and Shavemac for the incredible support they provide to the wetshaving community :cool: :happy005

Have a gander at these Beauties :drool :drool :happy005

Series 163 in a 18mm knot in either Pure or Silvertip hair....Style 585 in a 20mm knot in either Pure or Silvertip hair.....

[​IMG][​IMG]

Please note, both brushes in the photos are shown with the Silvertip hair option.

Brush Specs:

Series 163
    Transparent with Black
    HANDMADE KNOT
    Knotsize 18 mm
    Total Height: 90 mm
    Handle Height: 40 mm
    Handle Diameter: 29x29 mm
    Loft Length: 50 mm

Style 585
    Horn Imitation-Transparent
    HANDMADE KNOT
    Knotsize 20 mm
    Total Height: 100 mm
    Handle Height: 45 mm
    Handle Diameter: 35 mm
    Loft Length: 55 mm

also a stand to hold the brushes will be offered and these are great stands :D

[​IMG]

Please let me know if there are any questions.

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Hey all, I unfortunately had to drop some posts from this thread to get the announcement on the home page. Feel free to carry on the discussion.

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Both links take me to the "GroupBuy2008 Shaving Brush 200811" page, is there a link for the other brush or is that one no longer offered?

Thanks!

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Right above the brush picture is a "play" button. That will change the photo to the other brush, and then the stand. And changes the price and info, too.

It took awhile before I figured it out, too. :)

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

I had the same problem.

Man, those are pretty brushes...

6. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Thanking you!

7. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    The more I look at these, the harder it is for me to decide on which I want... I must somehow resist the urge to order both. That stand looks top notch too. :ashamed001

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Man o man, do I know what you mean! :drool

9. This is really nice ! How are the badger knots ?

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Knotty. :D

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

IMHO- since I have both the Shavemac Pure and Silvertip-

The pure is a little prickly to begin with but after a break-in period it is very soft.

The Shavemac silvertip (I have 2, one flat-top and one bulbshape) is very soft and luxurius. The nicest I have.

All of the Shavemac knots come well filled and not a shedder in any of the four I own. Both work well with soaps or creams.

This was not a paid advertisement. :D

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

They are very nice Lee! :)

Thanks to Bobby for the great work on the Homepage!! :cool:

13. These are great looking brushes.

I just ordered one for me and one for my dad. ;)

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Did you get one of each?

15. Nope. I got horn silvertips for both of us.
    He will be getting his on Dec. 25th. ;)

By the way, thanks for your advice about these brushes. The fact that the silvertips can be used well with soap sealed the deal for me and dad. :)

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Sweet gift, I hope he loves it :cool:

17. I don't have any doubt. ;)

18. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I often hesitate when it comes to recommending something because as we all know YMMV. But I am a firm believer in Shavemac brushes.
    Does it show? :D

I've picked mine out. :cool:

19. RayG

RayG New Member

These look great. Thanks for putting this together, Neale.

Has anyone tried the 18mm shavemac knot?

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Ray,

I have never tried an 18mm yet, the smallest I have right now is a 19mm Original Simpson E2 that I really like. I don't have a 20mm yet either :o

I have heard lot's of other positive reviews of 18mm brushes in the past though. I would expect it to be a great performer.