2008 Shavemac Holiday Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Yours looks great too :)

Dad doesn't have a shaving brush. He's still using the stuff in the can.

Dad is getting this brush, a tub of AOS sandalwood and a T&H sampler for Xmas... he doesn't have any idea how lucky he is. lol

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

What a great son!! Very nice indeed ;) I wanted to get one of the 585's but money was kind of tight....:(

They do look very nice :drool :drool

3. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

My Silvertip 585 arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I had to send it home instead of over here with me :mad:.

I asked my wife if she took it out and looked at it and she said it is beautiful. She commented that she is curious how I'll use it and then said, "It's so soft, I just keep rubbing it on my cheeks." :happy102:happy102

I laughed and said, yup, that's pretty much how you use it.

I can't wait to take it for a spin!

4. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Your Father is indeed a lucky man! Good show!

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Congrats! The handle detail really shows up in your picture, they look great!

6. Thanks Steve. They DO look great!

I got a call from FedEx in Missouri this morning saying that the Dept. of Fish & Wildlife hadn't cleared the package (the brushes) and that I need to send it back. They left a long-distance number for me to call back (not even an 800 number) and told me to call...

I didn't call. I'm not going to. If they choose to call me back, that's fine. I will talk to them, but I am not sending these brushes back to Missouri. And I am not going to take responsibility for long distance charges so that I can haggle with an inspector that didn't know they needed to check for badger hair.

The brushes were listed as "Shaving Brushes for private use" on the paperwork and an inspector didn't catch that there was badger hair included in the package... or that's what I'm assuming at least. At worst, FedEx might have to pay a fine for the violation, but I am not personally responsible for their screw-up. They can pay the fine and learn their lesson but they had their opportunity to see these brushes. I am not sending them back.

7. djwurm

djwurm New Member

not surprising... I used to work in shipping and assisting customers trying to get containers sitting at the port cleared in customs. You cant believe some of the stories and trying to talk to some of these custom's agents. I thought I was talking to 15 year old ghetto kids that had on clue...

I once had a container fully stripped by customs for inspection. After inspections of that nature they are supposed to reload it, but the container was delivered back to the container yard and freight was left sitting in the customs warehouse. We sent a trucker to pick up the container and when they went to weigh the truck they found out the container was empty! Needless to say it took about 2 days of me calling to get customs to tell me the truth of what happened.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Wow! I've had about 10 brushes come in from Bernd and nary a customs problem here in FL. Refuse to give it up! Stand your ground! :happy102
    On the other hand, are you sure it wasn't some other shaver trying to wrangle your badger? ;)

Enjoy youe brushes! You've made me :drool . I shoulda got one of those too! ;)

9. :happy102 That SO figures. lol... the message I got made it sound like it was MY problem. Fortunately I know better.

10. I'm not worried about shipments from overseas... but I doubt the competency of some of the folks in customs to be able to do their job. I'm sure its not everyone and I'm sure FedEx has competent people at every level. I saw Castaway... I know Tom Hanks is a competent and hardworking FedEx employee and I'm glad they have him on their team.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the brush and I'm looking forward to having another Shavemac in my repertoire... its the bums at FedEx I have a problem with... of course, had they inspected the brushes I probably wouldn't have gotten them until January. :happy102

11. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

This exact problem happened to me a year ago. They said send them back, I said "Come get 'em". I got a bill for $86.00. It took almost 4 months to get straightened out. (They were not Shavemacs) I would get the case # from Fedex and email Bernd. He'll take care of everything from his end.

12. Excellent. Thank you!

I had assumed they couldn't hold me legally responsible. And I'm actually pretty sure they can't. However, I can't argue with personal experience, so if it comes down to it I will chat with Bernd and get this squared away.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yes,

I would e-mail Bernd......I have never had any troubles either getting brushes from Germany, but he should be able to get it taken care of.

Sorry for the Fish / Game / FedEx troubles :(