The Shave Den Shop product discussion thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, Oct 29, 2017.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Yes! And the mojito too.

vincentcat and RyX like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have had the lime A/S. Go to the store, grab a lime, cut it in 8ths, shove a wedge up your nose; that is what the A/S smells like. Most of the lime scented products I have tried have a candy-ish quality to them that I don't care for.

vincentcat, RyX and richgem like this.
  3. richgem

Feel free to adjust the wedge size relative to your nostrils. ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    vincentcat likes this.
  4. vincentcat

vincentcat Member

that's exactly what I'm looking for

RyX likes this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Right... I can fit a .25¢ coin in my nostril.

6. richgem

Orthographic issues aside ( :p ) it's good to have a talent. :D

swarden43 and RyX like this.
  7. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Monkey Farts FTW!

I'm also apparently the only person who purchased the OK Corral lineup.

My favorite scent is Energy, have both the AS Milk and Cologne. I do love the AS Milk.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  8. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

@Paul Turner
    What's your overall opinion of the Russian Leather?

Been trying to find an available source for Imperial Leather outside of AU, then bumped across TSD's version.

Thoughts?

PLAla, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks for the question-first, let me say I was and am very impressed with the history of the Imperial Leather industry. I've really enjoyed the TSD Russian Leather. For me, this is the best time of year to wear it, and the rest of my bottle should carry me well into the winter here. @Queen of Blades describes it as being inside a leather store, and she isn't kidding! I find it pairs well with Barbasol Regular(the red pole)shaving cream, and my Rise Super Foam is of a pretty neutral scent, so that one, too. I look forward to trying some American Leather as well this winter(with matching soaps), but this one is quite nice. I highly recommend it.

PLAla and RyX like this.
  10. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Paul.

Exactly what I hoped to hear about the Russian Leather. Looks like I'll be placing an order for a few TSD goodies in the near future. :happy108:

PLAla, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Happy to help.

12. riffin

riffin Active Member

Awesome. Thanks.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

You say the aftershave milks are excellent balms....does this give them a double-service of regular A.S. and balm? I might look into the Sandalwood milk myself, to compliment the still-large amount of WSP Sandalwood soap I have(I think the WSP Sandalwood A.S. will run out long before the soap).

14. Paul Turner

Is that how Warnee came into play? (course a Warnee is someone who has been warned too, right?)

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  15. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yup, Paul, I'm being reminded...warned...never to misspell my own girlfriends name again, and to always mind my P's and Q's. Funny thing is, I DO need a constant reminder! Let's just say I can be a bit of a character for my Amy to handle sometimes, so it never hurts to have the Warner minding the Warnee.

Paul Turner, Queen of Blades and RyX like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Switching from Warnee to the TSD Bay Rum A.S. splash-has anyone had that, and if so, is there a good enough blend of spices(that is, so the clove smell doesn't jump out at you)?

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My favorite TSD product is the Sub-zero witch hazel. I use it to cool off at bedtime, on summer nights.

RyX, Queen of Blades and Enrico like this.
  18. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I love the unscented products I bought and use the set all the time as part of my Black Shave Kit. I put a little water on the soap for 2 minutes then drain and load. The soap is great. The witch hazel with menthol I sometimes pull and use when I get a bit of a burning sensation on my neck after "going too far" with some shaves (sensitive neck) and it saves the day to quiet irritation.

RyX and Queen of Blades like this.
  19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    There are no spices nor clove in TSD Bay Rum. Just Bay Rum (Pimenta Racemosa essential oil).

Paul Turner, mrchick and RyX like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Very excellent and encouraging info, @Queen of Blades :). Thanks.

RyX and Queen of Blades like this.