Two More Straights Restored by Joe C.

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by xChris, Apr 1, 2007.

1. xChris

xChris Member

Here's some photos of a couple other razors that I had restored by Joe Chandler. Unfortunately, I don;t have the before photos. But, it's safe to say that they were nowhere this good looking before Joe got a hold of them.

I specificaly asked Joe for this style of scales on these razors. I saw them on a Henckels 8/8 Friodur he had on his website, and thought they were quite attractive. So, I asked him to put these these complete with double pinning at the scale ends (another feature that I always liked).

On the W&B swayback razor, he found a crack in the blade. Fortunately for me, he was able to grind it out -- so, I got to keep it for use instead of trashing/binning it!

So, let me show you some photos...

2. xChris

xChris Member

Most of these photos are from Joe himself. I didn't get any better shots, so his are up (the last few are a couple of mine for contrasting views).

The first razor is a 6/8 Wade & Butcher hollow-ground swayback with olivewood scales and turquoise stone spacer. The second is a 5/8 Joseph Rodgers wedge plus barber notch with katalox wood scales and turquoise stone spacer. Both have a CA fiunish.

Attached Files:

3. xChris

xChris Member

Note that the CA finish on both is absolutely smooth and clear. What you see in the photos is the reflection of the countertop they are sitting on in the finish itself.

Attached Files:

4. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

B E A U T I F U L !

:drool One more reason I should go to a str8.

You can be proud and stand tall knowing you own something like those!!!

5. Amyn

Amyn Guest

Those are beautiful:drool

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow Chris!!,

They look Fantastic!! :D I love that style too, and Joe did a Great job.

Congrats :D

7. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

These threads are killing me!

Must resist!.....

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :drool :drool :drool

Sooooo shiny!!! :D Purdy!

9. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

Both are fantastic looking razors, but I really love those old Sheffield swaybacks:drool
    Regards,
    Alex

10. xChris

xChris Member

Where's Marty?!?!? :D

11. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Those blades are downright sexy!

St. Croix

12. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Those are some really nice lines in the scale work. Very clean, bold, and masculine. Good job...