САЙВЕР RAZORs from Russia

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Tabac
    Jayaruh #240
    САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Speick

Today, I used the САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb razor. I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Tabac Shave Cream face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #240 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the САЙВЕР Dual Comb Razor with two Gillette Silver Blue blades and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. I only used the open comb side this time. It was sooo smooth. Once again, I got a nearly BBS shave on the first pass. I did, however, re-lather and do a touch up pass. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Speick AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... It was an excellent shave, comrades.

sdguero, Enrico, CaseyS and 3 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You are not making this easy to resist, you know. :scared011:

sdguero and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I am just recording my experience. Tomorrow I will use the OC/metal handle one again, but this time with just one blade. I took out the half blades and tried it with just the whole blade without the spacer. This resulted in a warped blade. Then, I put the spacer in first followed by the whole blade. That looks promising. I will use that configuration tomorrow. The OC worked very well today. I will use both sides tomorrow. Stay tuned...

sdguero and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. richgem

That's your story and you're sticking to it, right?

sdguero likes this.
  5. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I love Saiver razors. In fact they are well inside of my top 3 list, winning over many more expensive razors.

I always load them with only one blade. Like that they are like adjustable razors (with two settings), as you can choose on what side of the blade to put the included shim. My favorite configuration is the milder configuration: cap -> shim -> blade -> base plate -> handle.

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and CaseyS like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is tomorrow's configuration.

7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Love your write ups on this razor. I may need to give it a try. Pretty inexpensive. And my mailbox loves company!

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you. It's been fun. And as a plus, the razor will take most other handles as well.

AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams Mug
    Jayaruh #240
    САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Speick AS

With this shave I am using only one blade with the САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb razor. After some investigating, I decided to use the spacer next to the head followed by the blade. Otherwise, without the spacer, the blade experiences some warping. I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #240 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the САЙВЕР Dual Comb Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Speick AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I came across a travel razor in the same vein. I haven't been up to shaving with it yet, but plan to when I am able. Edit: I don't remember how much I paid, but I do remember, it was very inexpensive

RTR.jpg RTRa.jpg

sdguero, AGHisBBS and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Engblom

I have both the travelers razor, and the dual razor. The travelers razor is my favorite, because it is so easy to take with me wherever I go.

Misphit and Jayaruh like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I like that travel handle.

Misphit likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Speick Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #240
    САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Speick AS

With this shave I am using only one blade with the САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb razor. Yesterday, I put the blade on the bottom next to the base plate. Today, I moved the blade above the spacer next to the top. I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #240 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the САЙВЕР Dual Comb Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Speick AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... It was a very efficient shave. I am really liking this razor. Tomorrow, I will be using my fat handle tech handle with it.

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Speick Speick AS
    Jayaruh #240
    САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Speick AS

With this shave I am using only one blade with the САЙВЕР Razor Dual Comb razor. I am also using my Fat Handle Tech handle. I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #240 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the САЙВЕР Dual Comb Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Speick AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. richgem

I just bit the bullet on the metal handle/dual comb one. I think Santa may have forgotten to pack one for me. I'm blaming you, @Jayaruh;)

I also bought a small shipment of stroopwafels (60 count :ashamed001:) ... you know, in case someone drops by unexpectedly during the Season. For that I blame @macaronus @Eeyore and the city of Gouda. But, some will be given as gifts. My "source" makes them fresh in the US. So, no worries about things getting stale on the plane over from NL.

For those not in the know, stroopwafels are delectable Dutch wafer pastries that you have with coffee. Wikipedia article.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    AGHisBBS, sdguero and Jayaruh like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    You're welcome...
    enablers.png

NCoxSTL, AGHisBBS, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  17. richgem

Well, I just got shipment notification. Estimated delivery sometime before the end of January.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. richgem

Got mine in today's mail. Test run tomorrow morning with Astra SPs.

NCoxSTL and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. richgem

I like this razor and I got a decent shave. I used the dual blade set up and mostly the closed-comb side. I found the shave angle super easy to find due to the head geometry. The only downside is this razor is super light which I am blaming for the fact that I roughed my throat up a bit, probably due to excessive pressure. But, I could see this as a good newbie razor since the shave angle is so easy to find and the weight is similar to what a newbie might be converting from. ("... might be similar to that from which a newbie might be converting." :p)

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  20. Engblom

I am still waiting for a review of the razor in my favorite configuration: Cap -> Included shim -> Blade -> Base plate -> Handle (skipping the blade closest to cap).

Like that I always load it and I find it to give really good shaves.