Portland general store warning

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rhody, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Portland general store Portland maine.
    I placed an order over TWO weeks ago. After the order I got an email confirmation. Then nothing. No shipping notice. Nothing. Sent two emails asking for the status and no reply.
    I don't care how busy you are if you are in business and you can't ship an order out in two weeks times you are a scam. I'm going to call my credit card co and report them as fraud
    I suggest no one buy from them.

Over the 2 weeks I've gotten several robo sales email from them. So arrogant and tone deaf.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

3. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

The but I've emailed. Don't feel as if I have to all or write letters to a company that does business and sells and markets via email. I will never do business with thus joke company ever again and warn others.

4. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I'd be calling them for sure! I wouldn't just let it slide

I use reputable places to order my shaving gear like Maggard, Italian Barber etc and they usually ship your stuff within a day and usually arrives in mailbox in about 3-4 days

RaZorBurn123 and TobyC like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what I should have done with my Chiseled Face items-I could have ordered them from Maggards, but went with West Coast Shaving only because they al;ways had more in stock than Maggards. Long story short, WCS reported it as going out via DHL, then it finally got here via USPS. No more DHL for me if I can help it.

Keithmax likes this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yes, but don’t throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water. Maggards is my favorite vendor also, but WCS is also a great seller who offers really good deals. Don’t let a shipping delay right after Black Friday sour you on them forever.

Maybe just until 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

On orders I've done with people who ship with DHL, they always take the longest to arrive. They take about 3-4 longer than standard USPS shipping.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My beef was with DHL, not WCS. WCS shared my frustration when I kept calling them. Friendly folks at WCS.

9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I left this not updated.
    update: no fanfare; no response to my emails. but product arrived. this delivery is about 21 + days from the date of my order. and I also received probably an automated e-mail to review my purchase. lol ok. clearly they never read their emails. lol.

product looks to be a glycerin base; smell out if container screams 'Yankee candle'

soap has a notice on the label: "best used within twelve months of purchase." I have never seen that on any shave soap before. not listed on the product details on the web site. product ingredients include sodium hydroxide & sorbitol. but thank the stars - this shave soap was not tested on animals.

Based upon overall customer service (lack thereof) and very late (almost pre-internet) shipping. I give them an 'F' and have submitted the remove me from robot emails.

Keithmax likes this.
  10. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

In situations such as this, I give the seller a week or so to respond and then I call them, introduce myself, and explain the deal. I have most always found a phone call better than sending repeated emails. Is this 100% guaranteed? No, but experience has shown I get a positive response and an understanding of the transaction. And, the seller understands my frustration. For me, it works.

11. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

very true and an objective gold standard to be sure
    however for me especially online ordering I dont have that kind of time or inclination to follow up with phone calls. its just too much time especially with work demands.

I compare this interaction - which is truly a random in my brief shave purchasing, with wsp. they respond almost immediately to emails ans ship out and most times received in a week of an order. Or sites like Italian Barber who frequently post a shipping status on the site, saying they are busy etc. anyway I am glad this has been my only bad experience in my shopping history $$$

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Well (said) written, that's how I roll.

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Thanks......

14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I feel if a vendor is is choosing to do business electronically, they should respond accordingly. If they want to accept orders vis phone, that may require a different approach to resolve issues. I side with the OP on this one.

Rhody likes this.
  15. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

Let's be fair: Not all small business owners are tech savvy. Agree, if there is an issue, try a phone call.

If you have time to post an online review, you probably have time to make a call. If that call does not resolve the concern, then it is time to kick it up a notch, IMO.

EnglishChannel and dustmite like this.
  16. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Not arguing but appreciate the discussion. But a small business that markets on the web. Has email. Sends email. Send robo email. Review your purchase email. Email discount codes. . Come on. Tech savvy? Really. This wasn't a phone order or a mail order. I post at night not during work hours. I'm not going to go making telephone calls around looking for internet orders. Ever call amazon! Lol. Maybe next time ill send a telegram! Lol

My point is its unacceptable to me to not have a simple email responded to and shipping over 22 days after order for domestic not international.

Keithmax and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  17. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

As per website:
    Ecommerce Software by Shopify

A lot of retailers are trying to catch some of the online shopping out of necessity to stay open. Most of the little guys pay someone to run their website. In certain cases, it's best to call and talk to a real person. You definitely weren't dealing with Amazon for your order, and expecting them to act like Amazon won't work.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  18. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Well free to do business with them I'm not. I've purchased from a few dozen small artisans and I don't have to call them. This us the age of the internet and e commerce. Were on the internet not a party line.