Lesson Learned

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Marine68, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I learned a good lesson today. I really focused on my technique today and got my first BBS shave I always get a DFS but never BBS. Lesson technique over tools. Don't get me wrong good tools are important but I know look at shaving like I do shooting apply the fundamentals and it don't matter what you are shooting with you will most likely hit your target.

2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Congratulations! After your first truly great shave, you'll strive to repeat it every time. It only gets better from here!

3. Marine68

I just need to stay focused on sight picture sight alignment and trigger pull. One Shot One Kill No Luck All Skill!!!!

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats. Just keep replicating the technique until it’s ingrained in your muscle memory. Then you will get the results on auto pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Zwhs.png

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That's basically it. There's a group around here that glues DE blades to popsicle sticks on July 5 each year. Because of our dedication to technique, all attempts have succeeded. You hit the nail on the head, if a man masters attack angle and pressure, all razors become the same. Congrats!

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well said.

Marine68, sdguero and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Ijustmissedthe50s and Marine68 like this.
  9. Marine68

I think I will hold off on the popsicle stick for now. Who knows July is a bit away so maybe I might just do it LMAO.

10. Bama Samurai

In the 30 DC in Dec? Yeah, you're gonna do it.

Drygulch and Marine68 like this.
  11. Marine68

12. Bama Samurai

All Marines are expert rifleman, correct? Same thing here. It's your razor, there are many like it....

Edit to say: I am a civilian who doesn't actually know what the Marines call that badge, but I know that Marines are a small force that drills to elite perfection.

13. Marine68

No not all Marines are Expert Riflemen some are Sharpshooters and some are Marksmen nonetheless all are good shooters. Yes There are many razors, there are many like it but this one Is mine!!! LOL

14. Bama Samurai

We actually made a razor creed like that. It helped me realize that many times it is more about the operator than the tool.

15. Bama Samurai

If you don't already use the technique, watch a straight razor how-to video. Watch how the skin is stretched to oppose the stroke. Do this with your DEs. It flattens out the skin bed and allows closer with less strokes.

16. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Great post! Glad you hit upon a successful formula for yourself! Also, your post serves as a great reminder to all if us to practice what we preach. Thanks!