Any Old School Car Guys

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Marine68, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I just finished this 62 Impala og62.jpg

Jim99, Bama Samurai, stanko and 13 others like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Very nice

Marine68 likes this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Currently drooling over early to mid 50's Cadillac coupes... I'll probably have to wait until the kids leave the nest, though.

Bama Samurai and Marine68 like this.
  4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

RyX likes this.
  5. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

restore with few mods ie engine and transmission

capsfanx and RyX like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

7. jar

jar Well-Known Member

My new car is Old School; manual windows, manual mirrors, manual door locks, manual transmission ...

capsfanx and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I didn't think you could still get those options on new cars. Remember when a manual tranny was called a "standard"? I have all those non-electric functions on my '86 Ranger.
    Couple years ago I ran this beast. With the price of fuel I'm glad I let it go.
    72 Mach1.gif
    1972 Mach I; 351 cu.in. Cleveland (5.8 liter for young guys and Europeans) with 2bbl heads & Offenhauser 4 bbl intake, headers, FMX tranny that I should have replaced with a 5 speed manual. It had a top speed around 90 mph. but it could get to that quickly. Otherwise it was very stock, but too small to tote the wife and 4 kids. That's why she drove a Suburban.

9. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Went to dinner a few nights ago and they had valet parking. Dropped the car off and went in. About twenty minutes later I was summoned to the front. No one knew how to drive or park the car.

RyX likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Today's best theft deterrent - a stick shift!!

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

A stick shift is the new anti-theft device. Congratulations on being so Retro, you're back in style again.
    keep-calm-and-attune-your-ears-to-the-grinding-gears.png

Jim99 likes this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

You can still purchase a standard transmission. Most of them are 6 speed these days, but they are available.

Power steering is my friend. I learned to drive on an F100 with no power steering and 3 on the tree.

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Last year I had to have a tire plugged. I took it to the garage and the kid went to pull it in. He got out and asked me to do it for him as he couldnt drive a stick.

RyX and Redfisher like this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Marine68 and RyX like this.
  15. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

It's not in the same league as that,but I have a 1982 D100 shortbed stepside slant six 4 spd w/no power anything out back.It was my daily driver for a number of years.It developed some issues that I will hopefully address this coming year.Drop/clean the gas tank,swap out the leanburn ignition,got a 2 barrel intake and carter 2 barrel to put on it.Hopefully work will slow down a bit and it won't get too darn cold to work outdoors on it.

steve207, Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Respect! I've owned a couple 6 cylinder (not V-6) Dodges. Good motor.
    My current daily driver is an '86 Ranger. It's the first year Ford made the Super cab. At 31 years old it qualifies as an antique vehicle. It does have power steering and power brakes but no electric doodads. I enjoy the 2.9 ltr V-6 and 5 speed manual.

17. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Yep.Ryx.I always liked those early rangers.I actually was looking for one last year,but it was impossible to find one that the owner didn't think was made of gold.Or one that wasn't dent covered and blowing smoke like a diesel.Then the wife spent the money.So I didn't have to worry about finding one.lol.

Jim99 and RyX like this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I know several of you have seen my mustang, but here it is again. It’s my 64 1/2 mustang that I’ve had since I was 22. I did all the work myself except for machining the engine block. I rebuilt the engine, transmission and rear axle, performed the bodywork and painting along with reupholstering. I now take it out on nice sunny days.

A79CCC2F-3EE6-4CFD-A508-299A9E3DD686.jpeg

Shaver X, brit, steve207 and 8 others like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Beautiful car. The full size Chevrolets of that era are gorgeous! My favorite is the 1962 impala.

Is that Nassau Blue?

20. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine68 likes this.