Your favorite and/or least favorite Aqua Velva scent?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Weasel640, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Out of all the Aqua Velva Scents, do you have a favorite and/or lest favorite?

I'd have to say that the 70s version of Ice Blue is my favorite. Up until now I've liked every Aqua Velva scent. But today I got a hold of the Aqua Velva Herbal; definitely my least favorite. I'll give it a fair chance but my initial reaction is that I don't like it.

nikos.a, Paul Turner and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

AV Musk is really great. I like original as well. Ice Sport is too much like Brut or Canoe.

EnglishChannel and Jim99 like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Aqua Velva musk is my favorite Aqua Velva. Next is ice blue. That’s all the Aqua Velva I’ve used.

EnglishChannel and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I like the Ice Blue best. Next I guess I like the Musk. I only have the two. HA!

Jim99 and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd say probably the AV Musk because it stays on my face and neck better(as I use it in the colder months). AV Ice-Blue is great too, but as I use this one in the warmer months, there are times I feel like I am "sweating Aqua Velva". Many humid days here in the summer. I really wonder if it's any different than summertime in Washinton DC and points South.

Jim99 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I like both the Ice Blue and Musk, but the Musk sure does last longer. Guess it just depends on the day or mood I'm in.

Paul Turner and Jim99 like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like the ice blue best... Then musk...last the ice sport. I have not heard of herbal

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Favorite is AV Ice Blue.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Weasel640

During the 70s Aqua Velva introduced a lot more scents I. E. Frost Lime, Surf, Red Wood, Menthol Mist, Musk (in Aftershave) as well as these two "Face and Body" Lotion Splashes (below). Of the two "Face and Body" Lotions, the Musk smells nice, but the Herbal not so much...

Leo501 likes this.
  10. Weasel640

My wife just got home and smelled the Aqua Velva Herbal; She immediately said "Yuck, don't wear that." Smells like a bad smell from the 70s. No wonder they didn't keep it for very long.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ahhh something new. Thanks for that. Sounds like a display bottle.... Or range target.

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Favorite Musk

Least favorite Ice Blue ... that said I use it mixed with Florida Water to make Steel Blue.:cool:

13. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

Ice Blue.

Both the American and the European are excellent.

Probably my most used after shave product.

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Weasel640

Well, not new. But new to me. Like I said the stuff is from the 70s. Guessing not that popular because the Herbel is hard to find and all the listings I see for it are up there in cost. So probably won't be shooting it up. Although I'm thinking I don't really want it in my shave drawer. I'm going to have to find someone who wants it for their collection.

You are talking about the Modern Ice Blue here... Have you tried the older 70s stuff? It really does smell much better.

I what ways would you say the U.S. and Euro version differ? Which one would you say was better? Is the Euro one more true to the vintage 70s Ice Blue?

wchnu likes this.
  15. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

The one made in the U.S has a better menthol kick, while the European is a bit sweeter. You have to use them many times to understand any differences between them, they are almost identical. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the vintage stuff to comment on that, but from what I've read it seems that the European is closer to the vintage scent.

Enrico likes this.
  16. Weasel640

Yeah I've heard this as well. But have not been able to confirm how similar the scents are. Also have heard that the Euro version has better ingredients for the skin as well.

17. Weasel640

I'm thinking I might just keep a little 1/2 OZ. bottle of the Aqua Velva Herbal and PIF the rest. There has to be someone else that has a spot for the Herbal in their Aqua Velva collection. I have plenty of the other scents in original packaging that I don't need to keep around this original bottle.

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just curious; was Herbal, AV's attempt at making their version of Pinaud Vegetal? :signs002:

19. Weasel640

No clue. But since Lilac Vegetal is still available for a decent price vs Aqua Velva Herbal being rare and more expensive. I'd say you've really gotta want it, to be able stomach wearing the Aqua Velva Herbal.

20. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Musk is my favorite AV scent.

Paul Turner and Enrico like this.