Any Old School Car Guys

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Marine68, Dec 19, 2017.

1. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe. Bought it in 1989 when I was 14. My dad and I restored it and had it ready to go when I was 16. It went through many changes after that though. Below was when I was 18 at the local drag strip.

[​IMG]

2 years ago when my son was 15 he wanted a Fox Body Mustang. So we got this one for him and did a bunch stuff to it. Had it ready for when he turned 16. This thing is a blast to drive!

IMG_0992.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wristwatchb, brit, Marine68 and 6 others like this.
  2. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

Love old-school muscle. Wish I had the time and budget to buy and restore something like a ‘70 442.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RyX, capsfanx and Jim99 like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My first was a '67 LeMans, the GTO-wannabe. Would love a '66 or '67 GTO, but I'd settle for another LeMans.

4. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

same here. Loved the three on the tree.

PanChango likes this.
  5. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I learned on a 1970 F100 short bed stepside 360 2 bbl 3sp manual w/electric overdrive on the tree.

steve207, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Goats were good. Had a 67 Camaro SS Blue of course with the white stripe in 1967.

wristwatchb and swarden43 like this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I love old school muscle. My last one was a 76 Stingray. I did all the motor and suspension work, but since I know nothing at all about body work I had to pay to have it painted (torch red). I'm now in the market for another Corvette, but I'm entertaining the thought of a new Z06 with a manual transmission.

Marine68 and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I had a '68 short bed F100 with the same motor & tranny/column shift. Bought an aftermarket shifter and cut the floor board. It was kind of beat up, but fun in the mud.

steve207 likes this.
  9. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

My first car was a 1964 Plymouth station wagon with the slant six (which I rebuilt just to do it) and three on the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That reminds me that I wish there were more small station wagons especially with manual transmissions. I'm tired of the whole SUV thing. I would really want a RWD wagon about the size of the Jetta Wagon that was not a VW. I have never had good luck with German Engineering... pfft.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

But but,,,, I ain’t giving up my this

[​IMG]

For this

[​IMG]

Nostalgia or no.

wristwatchb and Keithmax like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A few months go, after 43 years I sold my 62 Studebaker Hawk, it just wasn't being driven, so I sold it to a guy in Minnesota who would appreciate it. Now my driver's a '99 Benz and it's without question the best car I've ever owned.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Enrico, steve207, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

How about this?

[​IMG]
    http://fastmusclecar.com/video/ford-mustang-break-sport-wagon/

Nope. The Pinto is hardly a fair comparison, but something along the lines of the Honda Civic Tourer or Honda Jazz (Fit in the rest of the world) Shuttle would be alright. Neither of which are imported to the states.

Enrico, steve207, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Marine68 likes this.
  15. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

When turned 16 my grandpa gave me two pickups for my birth day one was a 68 ford f250 3/4 ton with a 390 v8 and 4 speed manual transmission and the second was a 52 ford f1 with the flathead v8 and a three on the tree my project truck this one was my great grandmother truck that she drove untell she died and then i got a 80 Toyota pickup for 75 bucks from my grandpa it had a 5 speed trans and manual steering but had a/c in it then my leg went to crap couldn't use the clutch without screaming pain and having to take my hand and lift my leg of the clutch and tired all the time my disability at work then got a 76 ford f100 with a 360 v8 and an automatic transmission way better that one was free the guy said if you can make her run she's yours and the current one is a 91 ford f350 with the 7.3 diesel and automatic and a crewcab

Jim99 likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My longtime dreams of getting a Shelby A/C Cobra, was dashed yesterday. I was at work, pumping gas in my car, when I heard a very loud thundering exhaust. I look over and its a beautiful 1966 Cobra replicar. Looked perfect, better than original.
    I walked over, and told the guy it was always my dream to get one. He said he built it, and it had a 700 hp at the rear, 427 in it.
    He told me to jump in. So, I wedged myself in, as he laughed. See, I'm 6'2" , and 280. Not fat, but i lift weights and work out a lot, for work. So, when I finally made it in, my left leg was wedged between the door, steering wheel, and dash. As he was taking pictures of me, I couldnt help but feel like the Jolly Green Giant. Almost my entire head was over the windshield, and my arm was comfortably hanging over the door.
    He said the seat could be adjusted a couple more inches, but it wouldnt have helped.
    Darn shame. There were a couple of others that pulled in, a couple of minutes later. They have a Cobra club in my area, and many Kits show up, as well as several originals.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Enrico and Jim99 like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I had a 1985 Ford Exp

1985 Ford EXP-10-11.jpg

It may not be a fancy car, but it was sure fun to drive and I still miss it.

:eatdrink013:

Jim99 and PanChango like this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That car had a strong following and actually made it into Mustang Monthly magazine.

Enrico likes this.