DECember 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2017.

?

What would you like to find in your stocking this Christmas?

1. A decadent Gillette Toggle or other rare vintage DE

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. A decadent mint condition SE razor from the early 20th century

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. A decadent vintage straight razor, restored to perfection.

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. A puck or two of your favorite decadent soap or cream

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. A luxurious and decadent High Mountain Badger brush (or your favorite type)

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. A plate of decadent cookies.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  7. Anything besides a lump of coal. Because coal isn't decadent. It's just depressing.

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason and Happy New Year.

Drygulch, jtspartan, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Those are some elaborate Jell-O shots. All three of my kids (can't count the two year old yet) always tell me that drinking alcohol is bad every time I have a drink. Alcohol is a drug you know.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a teenager who knows more about drinks than I do.

Drygulch, Screwtape, mrchick and 8 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Or imagine having a teenager/college student that can outdrink most grown men. These girls have caused my hair to turn gray prematurely. :D

4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Just say “NO” Jim. Nancy Reagan’s astrologist assures me this is the answer. Fortunately I don’t believe in Astrology. Cheers!

Drygulch, Screwtape, mrchick and 6 others like this.
  5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Before making any snarky remarks next year, let me take a moment to say “Happy New Year” and “Thanks” to the 30 DC! As most of you know, I joined the crew early in 2017 after a couple of months of DE shaving, looking for some expert advice before abandoning this new type of shaving that had provided hit and miss results up to that point. At the invitation of Rick @RyX, I joined the thread, started a rule and asked a lot of questions for 30 days. By the end of the month I was getting solid, consistent results. Since that time, I’ve both asked and given shaving advice, developed an impromptu awards show commemorating “stupid razor tricks”and had more than a few laughs along the way. But more than that, I’ve shared the surprising journey of sharing life with an unlikely group of guys I’m proud to call my friends. When I call you guys “brother” that’s how it feels here. Here’s to another great year with the crew in 2018. Cheers Brothers!

Drygulch, Screwtape, mrchick and 9 others like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That’s why I am peeing ice sickles as we speak.

Drygulch, mrchick, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

She follows this recipe feed on Instagram. She actually comes up with some pretty good stuff. We make different items together when we have time. Today’s suggestion was for these. They were very Martha Stewart looking.

8. PickledNorthern

Happy New Year! It is super cool that you found the place!

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You should be happy that she's comfy talking to you.

10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Great blurb, Randy! Your Shavey Awards were a definite highlight of 2017.

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Jim.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Drygulch, Norcalnewb, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  12. jtspartan

You could drink more, and then they wouldn’t know more than you do...;)

13. jtspartan

Thank you, Gents.

Drygulch, Norcalnewb, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

That was my approach for about twenty years, and I’m not sure it was the best one.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks for all of your contributions to this group! In spite of your seditious and rebellious nature I couldn't imagine the place without you now. Have a great night and we'll see you in the New Year!

Drygulch, BaylorGator, RyX and 8 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

This isn't odd to me at all. My father did the same thing with his firearms, except he kept it all by hand in composition notebooks. He loaded his own ammunition and experimented with various elements. He recorded all of it meticulously. His main shooting interest was (and is) Civil War-era weapons. Reproductions and not originals. He shoots with the North-South Skirmish Association and has for over 40 years. They use Civil War weapons in target shooting events. Each team is fashioned after a unit from the war. It's not reenacting but rather team and individual competition.

Drygulch, BaylorGator, RyX and 6 others like this.
  17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

For the first time in several years my wife and I are going out for New Year's. Going to the lovely burb of Alton, Illinois where dreams, um, well actually a lot of the dreams are to leave Alton, but I digress. We've been invited to a party of sorts there tonight so, when I leave work in an hour and a half, I'll pick her up, change into jeans and off we'll go. I don't foresee a shave in my future tonight, so last night's was the wrap up for my Decadent December. Thirty fine shaves (well, 29.5) and a lot of time with the Toggle and other adjustables as a result. Good month for shaving.

As for this group - We are heading quickly for 4500 posts. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU GIVE HERE!! Not only do we have a record month of posting still underway, we have the greatest group of total strangers who feel like brothers in the entire land of the interwebs. My best wishes for you all to have a fun and safe night, and I'll check back in tomorrow when we officially open the January thread. Now, by Cartel orders - GO HAVE SOME FUN!!

BaylorGator, RyX, Screwtape and 8 others like this.
  18. PickledNorthern

That’s what I worry about. I’m not so naive as to think that my daughter is a complete nun, but she hangs around with a very musical, academic group of kids, (ie. nerd, thank God) and is about to move out and go to college. She is also way too cute for her own good, and I sort of feel like she is a sheep about to go head into the big pasture with no watch dog. It is almost keeping me up nights.

Drygulch, BaylorGator, RyX and 8 others like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You worry about nothing. You raised her and taught her well. Have a little Faith in her. :happy088:

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Happy New Year!

We'll unlock it at 11pm Eastern Standard.

Everyone have a great evening of fun and fellowship with your family and friends!

Drygulch, RyX, Screwtape and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.