Leg Shaving?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by JohnDB, Jan 4, 2018.

1. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

OK... apparently some guys shave their legs... like soccer players and weight lifters.

I just can't imagine this.

Article

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Very common among athletes.... weightlifters, cyclists, runners, etc. Pro and not.

JohnDB likes this.
  3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Swimmers too.

I've done it before. Wanted to show my daughter that using a DE on your legs wouldn't turn you into a paraplegic. It ain't a big deal and while customary, didn't take away my masculinity in the least. I'm defined by a whole lot more than my leg hair, and besides, if it brings someone happiness or completes them somehow, who are we to judge?

My $.02 anyhow.

JohnDB, RyX, Zykris and 1 other person like this.
  4. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

I'm not defined by my leg hair either...

But I'm thinking that it would itch when growing back.

And since I wear thermals in the winter...it would be bad.

I already have my winter time bathroom issues.
    Not for women (open)
    4" of clothes and 1" of equipment

Extra itching would be really annoying.

mrchick and Zykris like this.
  5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nope, doesn't itch.

battle.munky, RyX and Zykris like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I shaved my legs as an experiment to see what my wife through when she does it. It's. A learning experience for sure. Using the DE wasn't that bad. Next thing you know, she let's me shave her legs with a DE whereas she normally uses a cartridge razor.
    But back on topic, I don't it a problem if a guy shaves his legs or goes au natural. Personal taste.

battle.munky, JohnDB and mrchick like this.
  7. I don't pay much attention to hair anywhere except my face because of two main reasons:

1. Nobody sees it (except my leg hair when I wear shorts which I don't care about)
    2. It's too time consuming.

The time consuming aspect is what keeps me away from "manscaping" i.e., shaving my chest, abdomen, down there, pits and my legs. I also don't have to, because nobody sees it (see point 1). I'm no professional athlete nor a model.

If you want to do it (for one reason or the other) for yourself and not for others, do it. It's that simple. I don't care either way. Whatever makes you happy.

RyX, JohnDB, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Rugby players need tape on their legs so other men have something to hold on to when they throw one guy up in the air at a line out.

Hence needing legs shaved, or the tape doesn't stick. So if you're not the catcher who gets raised upwards you dont need to bother

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    JohnDB and mrchick like this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I believe this may be you before your leg shaves. BTW you should really try wet shaving :D

Metro, RyX and battle.munky like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was a swimmer in my school years. I recall that a lot of the guys shaved their legs. I’ve noticed here, that some guys shave under their arms, because they live in hot climates and it makes them feel cleaner.

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I've found that shaving my armpits keeps the odour down, mostly. When I was a swimmer, I shaved my legs as well (didn't have to shave much at that point, it was early teens). People that do a lot of wet and dry suit diving often shave as well, to make it easier to put on and take off the suit.

JohnDB and Sara-s like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I wasn't sure where to stop since I can't see my legs. :(
    article-2040122-0DFF1D5200000578-947_636x601.jpg

JohnDB and Metro like this.
  13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Well if that isn't one of the ugliest prettiest things I've ever seen.....

JohnDB and richgem like this.