You’re shaving wrong?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by LevelupShaves, Jan 12, 2018.

1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

As someone who is probably waaaaay too into what many consider a daily chore and a wet shaving enthusiast in general I’ve spent my fair share of time in forums and watching Shave videos. I notice there always seems to be these weirdo shave police bullies that always feel the need to mention that the person posting a technique or the person in the video are “wrong” and they aren’t shaving the “right” way.
    These random internet shave police point out that someone’s prep is wrong, or that they shave the wrong direction, or that they do too many/few passes, or they use the soap incorrectly for a clean up pass. The irony is these people have no clue what they are talking about in most cases because they can’t really know that. The only real indicator of how well you’ve shaved is your face.
    If you finish a shave and the hair you wanted gone is gone and your face feels good then it was a great shave. I’m not saying you can’t shave wrong I’m just saying that if you do no one will need to tell you, you’ll know, you’re face will know. If you have a lot of inflammation irritation and ingrown hairs you probably put to much pressure on your face with a blade and went a layer into the skin instead of just hair. If you get small cuts or razor burn you probably need to work on the angle. If your have a patchy shave then you missed some spots. Those are examples of doing it wrong but like I said your face will alert you to it not the shave police.
    I love TSD because of the it’s your shave enjoy it your way philosophy and the technique trumps tools mentality. I also appreciate that it’s a generally safe place to ask a question about your technique without the shave police coming after you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

What's right is what's right for you. I started putting that into my videos. I delete idiots anyway. No arm chair quarterbacks allowed.

3. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

9nein9, Spyder and LevelupShaves like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I never wanted to be the shave police but I have to admit that it is very difficult to stay quiet when I see Gillette Flare Tip spelled incorrectly as “Flair”.

Fortunately, the tolerant folks at TSD have taught me to be nice and not get worked up about such minor issues.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If you're shaving left, you're not shaving right. :scared001:

Absolutely correct @LevelupShaves :happy088::happy088:

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, you need to include a comma after the word police and re-position the period and quotation mark at the end of the sentence -"Flair." You may also choose to end the sentence with (sic). Watch your noun/verb agreement. I is singular and police is plural. In the strictest sense, you would be a shave policeman.

But I really ain't got a problem if the fellers here call it a Flare Tip or a Flair Tip. Pass the mayo.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Stay away from any of my post.... Just saying. Lol

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy102::happy102::happy102:

9nein9, Spyder, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Good show!

I almost included a to/too error but I thought it might be two obvious.

Your a fine editor.

9nein9, Spyder, Bobcat and 4 others like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    "Real" mayo?

9nein9, Spyder, John Beeman and 2 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

All in good fun, my friend!

Spyder, John Beeman and Keithmax like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Charlie, were you a British teacher once...or a British major? (OOps, I mean....ENGLISH)

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or is it majour? ;)

9nein9, Spyder, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

Paul, I'm the guy who said, "Six months ago I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one." :happy102:

16. Paul Turner

:)).

9nein9, Spyder and wristwatchb like this.
  17. Paul Turner

@wristwatchb , I had two parents who were teachers(albeit of different topics, but same profession). Word and phrase usage goofs were things we poked fun at, and now I pick up where they left off :). (That includes spelling and typos).

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    "at which we poked fun" :p

19. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Shavers Lives Matter!!!

20. Paul Turner

you got me Primo! Y'know I was thinking about saying it just like that, but let it go. (My parents would have spanked me for that).