Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Great price on a great pipe!

Nice pipe!

Weather has continued to be a problem for my outdoor pipe smoking. Got out yesterday (before the blizzard) and enjoyed a bit more of the Captain Earle's English Atmosphere in a Butz-Choquin. I think the 1990's styling may be showing it's age on this pipe. What do you guys think?
    DSCN0909.JPG

Tdmsu, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like it! Honestly I've never seen that styling in a pipe. Almost Art Deco or Steam Punk in the smooth, no curves lines.

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

How does it smoke with the angled bowl? The only pipe I've had with a slanted bowl didn't smoke evenly.

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. AGHisBBS

Pretty well actually, bit of work with the tamper but not really fussy. Holds more tobacco than you'd think too. The real bugaboo is that the whole pipe is canted in a kind of twist, making it really only fit in the right side of ones mouth, witch is not really a problem for me.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ride into work today. As near as I can tell this is a kaywoodie of some sort. Red dot on the side no other markings. Not sure if I have posted it before. It's stuffed with PA.
    [​IMG]

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

On the jobsite, Toasted Burley & Perique in a Chacom. It's sunny, breezy and feels like Spring. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Earlier today, as I was preparing to get out and about. Peterson System Army Mount and Erinmore Flake.
    POTD 01062018.gif

8. Erik Redd

[​IMG]

A dreary morning, mid 50's and light mist

9. AGHisBBS

Briarworks Sweet Tea in a Mars system pipe. The Briarworks tobacco is excellent, not really sweet at all, and it really does manage to produce the flavor of mild sweet tea.
    Mars pipe has a trap in the heel to catch moisture. I've just started using this pipe. I like it for aromatics.
    DSCN0910.JPG

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

That’s some bend!

11. AGHisBBS

Nightcap in a Charatan
    DSCN0911.JPG

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 01112018 Nat Dutch Cav.gif
    On the jobsite yesterday, Natural Dutch Cavendish with a pinch of Perique in Old-Vic.

13. AGHisBBS

Frog Morton in a Mastro De Paja.
    DSCN0912.JPG

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. Erik Redd

[​IMG]
    Coffee and OGS on a clear, chilly morning.
    We recently renovated the kitchen and I found this cup in the back of a cabinet. I started work at this plant in 1980 and they had an open house in 1981 where we gave tours to people from the local town (Borger). At that time there was no fence or security around the plant, and sometimes people would take a wrong turn off a nearby road and drive thru the process units. The plant had a terrible safety record and company management made a lot of changes to improve safety and security shortly after. They had to force out most of the old guard in the plant, who refused to change to do it.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I had some C&D star of the East on the way to work today in a favorite big ole Meer. Sorry for the crappy pic. It was early.
    [​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  17. AGHisBBS

It makes me very happy to see that pipe being used!

RyX, BamaT and wchnu like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It needs to be cleaned looks like. It is one of the pipes that goes every where with me. Love it. It and the CAO are great for roading when I want a longer smoke!!

RyX, Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

4840148D-28DC-451F-A3B5-BE737FDF3B8A.jpeg
    Saturday afternoon pipe, MM Diplomat (in pipe rest), loaded with my version of @Bama Samurai’s suicide blend, leftovers from various Virginias and Vapers, mixed roughly 2 - 1 with PS Toasted Burley while catching up on some pipe maintenance. That was actually a very tasty mix.

barbersurgeon, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

F7561381-C8E2-44F8-B4DC-8C389BCADAE6.jpeg
    Saturday evening pipe, Elizabethan Mixture, courtesy of one of our fellow pipers, in the Erik Stokkebye 4th Generaton pipe I won at the Briary Pipe Event a couple of years ago. With the temperature in the 20’s, that kerosene heater felt mighty good in the garage!

RyX, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 2 others like this.