30 DC (and others) Meet Up in Saint Louis - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Which month would be best for you to be able to attend?

1. June - Cards game on 2nd, 16th, 30th, early afternoon, two nights - PIrates, Cubs, Braves

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. July - Cards game would be either the 14th or 28th. Afternoon games. Reds or Cubs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. August - Cards game would be on the 18th if we chose that - night game with Brewers

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Any will work so I'm good with the majority

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. June or July

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. July or August

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. June or August

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Brought it back from tucson. Had a 351 that was in dang good shape. Just would not pass a gas station.

RyX, Drygulch, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Not a joke:

If anyone has access to or a share in a private jet, or 3.5billion frequent flyer miles laying around that they aren't using....

Sit around and wonder why I am asking until next week. Then send me a message.

3. Bama Samurai

RyX, Drygulch, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Are you gonna tell ‘em ahead of time or surprise ‘em when you pick ‘em up? The latter sounds like more fun!

RyX, Drygulch, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will get out with the roll of tape. Why give'um time to whine?

RyX, Drygulch, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

But, is it dark and you're wearing sunglasses?

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I had a similar theme in mind, so that all member know it's on. My personal favorite has been TSD's "Meet Me in St. Louis", hosted by the 30DC. Great minds think alike. Plus, there's a theme song for that.

I mean, if Judy Garland approves, how can anyone say no?​

RyX, Drygulch, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Will be later.

Drygulch, wristwatchb and NCoxSTL like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Cool. Opening to all active members is the right way to go. The 30DC is a subset and not a faction.

RyX, Drygulch, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Can we have the group hug in Neal's store? It will give his employees something else to talk about after we leave.

(Note to self: research mattress store pranks)

RyX, Drygulch and Keithmax like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

We can cuddle together on a king sized bed if you like. Strike the group hug pose.

RyX, Drygulch, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Would you still be able to sell the mattress as new if it smelled of BBQ?

I'd like to see us hit Pappy's at least once a day during the summit. I'll bring enough Rolaids and Gas-X for everyone.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It's a floor model. As is. Half price. I can sell the BBQ scent as a new aid to relaxation and sleep - like lavender or coconut.

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

UPDATE!!!!

Momentum seems to be in favor of moving forward. The first two things I need as coordinator is a date and then a number of how many to plan for. Let's start with the date.

I have modified the poll to allow for an "anytime" vote as well as an option of two months in case only one won't work. If you have already voted a particular month, that's cool. If you haven't voted yet I need you to do so. That way I can see how many will plan on it anytime, as well as those with specific months. If you need to change your vote that's cool. It will allow that.

Once we get the votes tallied in a week or so I'll narrow down to a particular weekend. (or choices to vote on). The goal is to have a date by the end of January.

Obviously family members are allowed, as are all members of The Shave Den. When the date is finalized I'll throw up another poll to let me know how many people. I'll go to work on accommodations at that point.

As far as the weekend - I'm thinking have everyone arrive Friday - meet up that evening as a group, Saturday is fun day, Pappy's, BST, seminars, whatever we put together. If the chosen weekend has a Cards game we can talk about that further. If we feel that takes too much time we can skip it, or make it an option for those who want. Dinner Saturday night, breakfast Sunday, hang out until you need to leave and we'll call it a success. Thought? Opinions? Let me know. This is still early and not yet set in stone. This is the kind of stuff we need to know to keep moving forward.

Also, please let @Bama Samurai or I know if you have frequent flier miles to share, or other options for cheap air travel. He posted that up earlier as well.

I'm getting pretty fired up here guys. Setting up my system to work through this project which means it's semi-official.

Drygulch, sdguero, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

If bringing family or others, let us know. It affects catering and hotel block rates.

Drygulch, Keithmax, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will stock up on OGS and casa de garcia maduros!

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I enjoy Casa de Garcia cigars. Inexpensive but good quality.

Drygulch and Keithmax like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

:signs011:

Drygulch likes this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Eggggggzacally! The maduros are awesome. My everyday smoke. Under $3 a stick at my favorite shop!

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I thought I had a few left. Haven't had one in quite a while.
    IMG_2134.JPG

RyX, Drygulch and Keithmax like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.