Why do you shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GoldenHandTheJust, Jan 3, 2018.

1. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

Hahaha

I remember my mom had one of those torture devices. She thought it would be funny and place it on my arm while it was on. Holy hell! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico and Spyder like this.
  2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

:happy097::happy102::rofl: I couldn't said anything better.

@GoldenHandTheJust why do you wipe you're bare bum with a toilet paper every time you sit on the toilet, would this make any bloody difference why do we all shave.

Spyder and Dansco like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have to shave for work. Beyond that it is my time. When she was alive my Mom also prefered it. So it is a habit now that I enjoy.

4. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Again, another good reason I forgot to state. Seems there's many of them.

I have, on occasion, started growing a beard but then my wife reminds me that it "needs a trim" as it begins to get scruffy.

I really can't be bothered to have to lather up and "maintain" it (or even be forced to use an electric trimmer :shocked003:) when it's just about as easy to shave.

Spyder likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Anthony...naturally.

AGHisBBS and Spyder like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I ain't gonna sport anyone on my chin named Anthony, Dick, or Jerry. Just sayin............

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The hubby shaves his face & head because he likes the clean look & feel. (He never minded going bald or grey, but just didn’t like what was left on his head.). As for me, I like the way my legs feel when they are shaved.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I hate facial hair. It's uncomfortable, and in SE Texas, three quarters of the year, a beard is just a sweat holding device. Ask @RyX

Frankly, if I could get rid of all the hair below my eyebrows, I'd be a happy camper. I'm tired of having to use two towels to dry off after a shower or bath. :)

As for my head? I liked it when I had long hair, but follicular migration took care of that. Now, it's not that I mind being bald, it's that my head will probably never make up its mind to just finish the job. (Males in my family lose our hair, but we just don't lose _all_ of our hair. So you still have to get haircuts, it just takes seconds now)

Spyder, RyX, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  9. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I like to stay clean shavin' ..

:happy093::happy093:

So i don't give my wife beard burn

:happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097:

Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

For work . I head shave so a clean shaven face looks better( in my opinion). The biggest reason is I feel better; cleaner.
    When I was a teenager and into my 20’s , I walked around with somewhere between several days to a full beard most of the time.

Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I shave to look presentable. Being well groomed, neat and clean goes a long way in our society. When I was growing up, the only guys that sported stubble were the winos on skid row, so I would feel like a bum if I wore stubble. As for a neatly groomed beard or mustache, all the women I know really dislike beards and abhor mustaches. So for me, clean shaven continues to be the chosen path. Besides, having a really smooth face feels great!

The above is just my own take on things, and likely due to the fact that my father, uncles and both grandfathers were all clean shaven and shaved every day.

Keithmax, Bama Samurai, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I shave because I enjoy it. When I am shaving it takes me back to a better time especially when I am using my vintage tools. It makes me think about the older men in my family and this type of shave was the norm for them. It is a treat for me, an experience that I enjoy. Even a bad shave is a good shave.

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  13. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I shave because here in South Central Texas, I sweat like the IRS is trying to get a confession out of me if not.
    SWMBO and I have an agreement, from Dec 1- Feb 28th, I sport a beard, as that is the time I am usually out in the woods hunting. I still keep the neck trimmed, and the beard groomed, but it does get cold in the wind, in a duck blind.

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes. My thoughts also.

Keithmax likes this.
  15. Bookworm

when I was younger, Don Johnson was "The" way to look.

16. Bama Samurai

George Michael started it.

17. Bookworm

I always thought he just couldn't find a good razor. He had the 'dirty face' 5 o'clock shadow, rather than the 'ruggedly unshaven' look.

18. Bama Samurai

[​IMG]

A&R photo

19. Bookworm

Dirty face. Yup. Looks like what my daughter did the first time she got ahold of chocolate.

20. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I shave because I prefer to look well groomed, my face itches if I don't shave and I look much older with facial hair. I do look like a bum if I sport the stubble look. We may not like and think it is not fair but how you look impacts how you are treated, especially in Korea.

Why do I shave in a 'traditional' manner? With carts, I had a lot of irritation and ingrown hairs, since making the switch the irritation is gone, the ingrown hairs are gone and my skin looks better.

wristwatchb likes this.