~ the Paradigm 17-4 stainless steel razor ~

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LuvWetShavin, Jan 15, 2018.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

PicsArt_01-15-02.28.25.jpg

Just arrived today, this razor is absolutely gorgeous and i am so excited to try it out. I also feel really lucky as there were only 150 of these made and sold exclusively through Bullgoose Shaving, Phil the owner just happened to misplace this one and came accross it the other day on his desk .. i was lucky enough to snag it after another member posted on the forum that they were showing 1 in stock.

Do you have the Paradigm 17-4 ? If so share your thoughts here. I will be sharing my thoughts once i use it a few times.

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on the razor. It is gorgeous.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  3. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I already had three shaves with it and I must say it's the most efficient, smoothest razor I have ever shaved with.
    Last night I used new a Polsilver ( last two shaves were with a Feather) and it gave me the finest BBS of my life. Nine hours after, I was still BBS. Today 18 hours after the shave, I can feel the stubble rubbing ATG, but cannot see it in the mirror.
    The 17-4 is the best shaving related purchase of my life. I find the handle nice and grippy, but visually I would have preferred a longer one, so I bought the MR15 to pair it with. Too bad they made a limited number so not all of us can have it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Fluffyskiador and LuvWetShavin like this.
  4. LuvWetShavin

Will the MR15 handle fit? I have a few handles here and none would fit

5. Kypros Christodoulides

I certainly hope so, the MR5 by the same company does. Others have reported this problem, I know Ikon handles do fit.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    LuvWetShavin likes this.
  6. Kehole

Kehole New Member

Ikon and ATT handles fit on my head

7. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

Tried my Ikon bulldog on it and it doesn't more than halfway up and I don't want to take a chance of stripping the thread. I actually like the handle as is and this razor is so stealthy efficient and extremely smooth. Did a side by side with my TImeless .95 OC and they are very equal in efficiency but the Paradigm is noticeably smoother. Like the Posilver blade in it so far but going to try a Kai, Feather and a Persona Red the next few shaves.

Fluffyskiador likes this.
  8. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Very nice looking razor.

9. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

wow $230 ouch

Fluffyskiador and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wait until everyone hears how great is shaves... the limited production number will mean the secondary market will command big $$ . People will be trading wives and children as their houses and cars have been traded away already for the BBS-1. Some men have traded their left nuts for a wolfman and / or for a wiborg brush . Their have been hits put out for certain members of other forums who have large collections of unobtainable items.. it’s a scary thing....
    :duel:
    :kar:
    :scared003:

11. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

Thank you and yes they aren’t cheap but very high quality. 17-4 steel is very hard to work with from what I’m told so hats off to Andy for creating one great shaving razor.

Fluffyskiador and Marine68 like this.
  12. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

LMAO!
    Definitely some truth in what you said but there’s some good news he’s coming out with a 2nd batch very soon only the new one will be made of Titanium as I guess the 17-4 steel really is very hard on the machinery. Got a feeling price will go up using Ti though.

13. Kypros Christodoulides

First things first.
    On the agenda there is the new Gem razor Andy is working on right now. The Ti head will be made more akin to the 17-4 shaving- wise. Then there are thoughts because of the high demand, to re-issue the 17-4 in SS and a longer handle. I guess those of us who already have the original 17-4 will be trading them for houses and supercars..... and young wives.

14. LuvWetShavin

All i know is ... my first shave with the Paradigm was amazing and i have zero buyers remorse for spending $230 on this razor. YES it's that good
    PicsArt_01-15-07.49.02.jpg

15. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

Thanks for the updated info. I did know the Gem Razor was next up and then the Ti but the last I heard there wasn’t going to be anymore 17-4 SS models because of the 17-4 steel and what it can do to his machinery. Just curious is he going to change to like a 303 SS for example or is he sticking with the 17-4 steel?

16. Kypros Christodoulides

I may be mistaken, but I think Andrew is going to do it in Titanium.

Dragonsbeard likes this.
  17. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

That’s what I thought to according to what I’ve seen posted.

18. Kypros Christodoulides

On another note, this 17-4 is not just a game changer. It's a minor revolution in DE wet shaving. I've been lurking in all the other forums and there is no one who tried it and had something bad to say about it. The very worst I have read, was that the handle is a tad short. Yes, there is this gent who is in love with another razor ( which he didn't try) and wants to exchange his 17-4 for the elusive dream of this unobtainum razor. Let's face it, there are very expensive DE's out there, some on a waiting list, others not but from all the comparisons I'm aware of so far, nothing touches the 17-4. It's even better than the more expensive Paradign Titanium.
    Call me crazy, this razor will never leave my side and will be bequeathed to someone worthy of it, if such a person exists. In plain words, it's a cold dead finger thing.

19. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

That sure is a spiffy looking razor! I really love learning about all the types of razors we use in our community. I find all of their attributes fascinating, and thanks to all who review and educate us on the wide variety of products we enjoy as wet shavers!

20. LuvWetShavin

It's NOT a GEM razor he is working, he changed the design to an AC type razor that takes the Feather Artist Club blades

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018