Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

There are a VERY tiny proportion of truly transgendered people that can be diagnosed pre-pubescent. Even the various TG forums will tell you that they're EXTREMELY rare. Most people having that kind of tendency simply spend more time with girls than boys (or vice versa), and it's not until later that it becomes more conscious. Yes, I've been interested in that for a long time, and I spend time reading up on it. It turns out that most "TG" have interesting brain scans and/or genetic issues. So, it is a real thing, and for some, it can be diagnosed early. (see Kleinfelter's syndrome, and CAIS - Complete androgen insensitivity syndrome)

Heck, the more that I've studied the sex chromosomes, the more I'm amazed that our species has managed to keep going, considering all the weird damage that can happen there. (Not to mention chimeras, where one person can have the genes of _more than one person_, some of which can be _different sexes_) o

Anyway - if someone wants to let their kid wear dresses and skirts, who cares? In England, up until they were housebroken, _all_ boys used to wear dresses (in parts of the US as well). That's where you got the term petticoat discipline - if a young man misbehaved enough, he was not allowed to wear trousers, or 'short pants', because he was behaving like a very young child. So, for young children (under 5, usually), you often couldn't tell the difference between boys and girls except by what toys they were playing with. Sir Lord Baden Powell, the founder of the Boy Scouts, was in a dress and curls as a child. (they have photos of him in the various BSA headquarters)

brit and Keithmax like this.
  2. Bookworm

If you left out the vegans, I'd disagree.

brit and LevelupShaves like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nope... sorta... the trend now is to be "gender fluid."

brit and LevelupShaves like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No.
    Beak rings, though... still out for discussion

brit, DaltonGang and wristwatchb like this.
  5. richgem

Kids these days.... :(

brit and swarden43 like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In the same way that it's never too late to start smoking cigarettes.

7. Bama Samurai

I can't find it, but I have a Santa hat with thick black yarn "dreadlocks" sewn inside the band.

It ain't a party until Rasta Claus rolls up...

brit, Keithmax, Redfisher and 2 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Tried and true.

brit and Redfisher like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

And onion rings, of course. :happy102:

brit and Keithmax like this.
  10. richgem

I limit myself only to those made from free range organic onions deep fried in fox lard.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    brit, Keithmax and wristwatchb like this.
  11. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

So Pokémon Go is kind of fun my wife loves it. I file it in the same category as people who are really into sports, or people who post pics of their shave gear on the daily lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Keithmax and Marine68 like this.
  12. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

You are just scared of your wife. Grow a pair LOL

13. LevelupShaves

Lol not at all I play too. I just think it falls under the harmless hobby/game category. It’s like people who really get into sports. I don’t get it at all. Why be so emotionally invested in people playing a game.

14. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I think that's a thing in certain cultures. To be honest, though, I find them attractive, like ankle bracelets. :)

brit likes this.
  15. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I agree I don't watch sports on tv at all. I have a huge issue with all the money that is paid out etc.

16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I have to agree that it is amazing that we manage to keep going. My first wife had Turner's Syndrome and I've often wondered if she and her twin brother were actually heterokerotypic monozygotic twins. Her niece died of a leukodystrophy related to the fact that both of her parents were of Scotch/Irish descent.

That said, I'm surprised by the number of young people these days who identify as TG. It's like fatal peanut allergies. Were there really this many when we were kids?

brit likes this.
  17. LevelupShaves

Judging by the fact I have 4 high school friends whose parents have divorced because after 20 years of marriage and multiple kids one parent decided they weren’t straight anymore

brit likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The Viking Look. I've notice since the cable show, "Vikings" has come out, more and more "Millennials" have been sporting the shows hair and beard combination. It looks silly. Right up there with the Top Knot, unless you are Japanese.

19. richgem

Man bun.

brit, Marine68 and BaylorGator like this.
  20. Bookworm

That's not recent. I have a friend/mentor that's in his 80s, and after being married a while, and a minister, he realized that he really wasn't heterosexual. It's just that it's not socially unacceptable to be gay anymore, so the need for the 'beard' has mostly evaporated. Keep in mind, homosexuality has been found in all mammal species so far studied.

brit, Keithmax and Redfisher like this.