Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just watch...they'll be wearin'em SIDEWAYS within 5 years.

brit likes this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I have to ask - how is Billy Ray Cyrus responsible for line dancing? I remember being taught how to line dance in the mid 70's, in elementary school.

brit likes this.
  3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I have no problem with newsboy caps. The ones I'm referring to are the flat brim baseball caps like this:
    IMG_1940.JPG

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm not sure I follow. You meant to say boys are taught to be passive, but you said they are taught to be girls?

5. Bookworm

Hm. I think they tend to be _made_ that way. Basically, someone just tried to save some money by not doing the conforming step, and it caught on. cheap bastards.

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Avocado and orange colored kitchens.
    Pop Rocks.
    Platform shoes with real goldfish swimming in them.
    Dietary candy called Ayds®.
    Anything Chia Pet.

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I think his one hit wonder song "Acky Breaky Heart" really got the line dancing craze started. From what I remember.

brit likes this.
  8. Bookworm

I think it was more that the song was _made_ for line dancing, and then they played it incessantly. "Don't play that song, that Achy Brakey Song. The Most Annoying song I know. And if you play that song, that nauseating song, I might blow up my radio." (Trying to remember what song I was asked to bring up for line dancing at a wedding reception.. Oh, yeah. Boot Scooting Boogie)

Don't forget the "I'm going to bore you forever and ever" (Love you forever) from Randy Travis.

brit and richgem like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes. Bad hyperbole that didn't help make the larger point. Not meant not disparage girls, or women; though I see upon reading it again that it could be taken that way. My apologies for post one-as possibly inflammatory to half of humanity, bad post by me.

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Without jumping into an conversation in order to start an argument..... I really do believe that a lot of effort is being put into eliminating all sources of confrontation in children, at least where any potential violence/aggression is involved. And in ten year old boys that used to mean bopping each other in the nose once in a while. The problem is that even twenty years ago, adult men that we placed a level of trust in (teachers, coaches and police) used to help our boys learn how to deal with aggression. We also learned that a black eye wasn’t all that big of a deal. But now there is no exposure to aggression or testosterone, and when a sixteen year old kid explodes in some spectacular terroristic fashion, we all scratch our heads and wonder how a kid could have ever gotten so angry.

Maybe I took something out of your guys’ exchange that wasn’t there, and I apologize, but just a couple of cents worth.

brit, BaylorGator, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Electric Slide?

12. Bookworm

Only if someone plays Electric Boogie.

13. DaltonGang

Has anyone mentioned
    Tucking Pant Legs Into Boots??

14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Only acceptable if you're bringing me rum.
    IMG_1941.JPG

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  15. Bookworm

I did this when riding and when working around wet areas. It keeps the pants from wicking. When riding, leather against leather is more comfortable than leather against jean against leather. (to me)

edit - oh, yes. When mucking out the stalls, it keeps you from getting stuff that's not easily cleaned on your clothing. Leather wipes down easily.

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  16. DaltonGang

Perfectly acceptable, when you working. I'm referring to those who think it's a fashion statement.

Pirates always get special exemptions.

brit, Keithmax and cmorris357 like this.
  17. DaltonGang

Dreadlocks, on anyone. It just looks filthy, especially up close.

Enrico and Keithmax like this.
  18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Texting or playing games on your phone at the gym. Why bother going to the gym at all?

Yesterday there was a guy next to me, fully engrossed in his phone tapping away. For every set he did I did 3. When I walked by I saw he was playing a game. :angry019:

I leave my phone in the locker so I focus on the task at hand.

brit, Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  19. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

:signs011: Also known as fidget spinners. For kids with behavior or attention issues. It helps them be able to sit still, quietly for longer periods of time.

Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  20. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Penquins?

DaltonGang, Keithmax and wristwatchb like this.