the Incredible new Timeless BRONZE safety DE razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JazzDoc, Oct 18, 2017.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Yes just got it to ...

The Timeless Razor Bronze Double Edge Safety Razor is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT razor than any of our other versions. This is a fully CNC milled Safety Razor made from solid C954 Bronze. This process of manufacturing is different than the wire E.D.M. cut stainless steel and titanium Timeless Razors.

This OPEN COMB 0.78 mm blade gap is aggressive enough to give a great, close shave while going through a few days growth.

For those of you looking to watch your razor age along with you, this is a great choice in materials. Over time this bronze will form a nice patina that can be appreciated by the more sophisticated wet shavers.

If you want to keep it shiny, just clean it with a little bronze cleaner and a soft cloth

FINISH: The finish is a lightly buffed, lightly polished version. Tool marks will be visible.

SCALLOPED CAP: Weight 14.1 grams

BASE PLATE: 30.5 grams

STAND: 141.1 grams

HANDLE: 14 mm diameter x 85 mm Length 84.7 grams

Rhody, LOOT and clint64 like this.
  2. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

A .78mm OC should open the Bronze up nicely! I am looking forward to trying it out.

Rhody and LuvWetShavin like this.
  3. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

LeGaulois and LOOT like this.
  4. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I just pulled the trigger on that bad boy!

LOOT and Str8on2 like this.
  5. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Can I ask bronze owners do you polish it or let it patina?
    And if you clean it up, what products do you use?
    Thanks.

Str8on2 and LOOT like this.
  6. Str8on2

For cleaning just wipe it down after using. It will keep the patina at bay. If you want to keep its luster and blind you when you get it ready for your shave, buy some Brasso. Works great as I use it on my Brass General. Walmart has it for like under $3.....

Rhody likes this.
  7. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think I have a bottle of that. Any chance it could be harsh on the finish. Does the bronze gave any type of finish?

8. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Read my post above as the owner of Timeless himself says how to clean the bronze razor ...
    (Quote)
    "For those of you looking to watch your razor age along with you, this is a great choice in materials. Over time this bronze will form a nice patina that can be appreciated by the more sophisticated wet shavers.

If you want to keep it shiny, just clean it with a little bronze cleaner and a soft cloth"

If your wanting to know a good product i use Maas Polish and highly recommend it

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. Str8on2

Video link on the new OC Bronze Timeless razor...

10. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vid link. I'm excited but now nervous. Hope this isn't too much. But I suppose I can down shift to the closed bar if it is. Great pointer on the Polish too!

11. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think USPS tracing is based on when it gets to the local post office not actual delivery. They should really change that description. In route to destination is not defined. As the mailing address.

Linuxguile and LOOT like this.
  12. Marc Bagwell

Marc Bagwell Well-Known Member

I was also impressed with the precision tooling and craftsmanship of the razor. I love the bronze but have placed my order for a stainless master kit in the .68 gap. I have very sensitive skin so the .95 would be too aggressive for me. The truth is, I've made up my mind to move over to Timeless almost exclusively. I'll keep a few vintage razors lying around for nostalgia, but I'm going Timeless. No offense to Rockwell, Att, Charcoal or Wolfman, they are great razors, but the Timeless is simply a step above in my opinion. Okay, the Charcoal and Wolfman are truly fantastic and give the Timeless razor a run for its money. The race may be close, but for me the Timeless wins by the thickness of a razor blade. It's hard not to love something that treats you well.

Slapo, Rhody, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  13. Marc Bagwell

Glad to see Timeless expanding the bronze lineup, but the new plate would be too aggressive for my sensitive skin. I'm still glad to see it happen. I believe the success of the bronze has taken them by surprise. I believe they will offer a full lineup and individual parts for sale before it's said and done.

clint64 likes this.
  14. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Nothing at all wrong with Timeless exclusive. They are exceptional shavers. I drove the new .78 Bronze baseplate just this morning!

sotd 02.01.18.jpg

15. Marc Bagwell

Great, give us a review. I'm curious to read your thoughts on the new .78

clint64 likes this.
  16. Marc Bagwell

Just a thought, I'm wondering how many Timeless bronze owners are going to let the bronze naturally patina. I'm going to, but some people I've heard from want to keep it nice and shinny.

LOOT and clint64 like this.
  17. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

As posted in Shave School:

Interestingly, yesterday I did a side-by-side with the Timeless Bronze OC .78 and my Timeless 95. The 95 is smoother by a hair. Side-by-side the difference is slight. I could not pick them out otherwise.

The 95 was slightly more efficient after 1 pass. After 2 passes, the results were indistinguishable.

There is no need to have both...unless you want the much milder .38 baseplate with the Bronze. I like the 38 for an every day shaver...not that I shave daily. I'll keep them both, probably, so my son can learn on the Bronze 38. Even with a Feather, you'd have to try really hard to get cut.

clint64 and Marc Bagwell like this.
  18. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I'm going to let mine age. I've just got to get over the idea of putting a razor up wet. I'm going to let it sit in the shower to take advantage of the steam several times a day. I've just got to figure out the best, sefest, way to do that. It would be simple if the base had a drain hole.

clint64 and Marc Bagwell like this.
  19. Marc Bagwell

That's my problem, with my beard I have to shave everyday but have sensitive skin. Bad combination. So mild is good for me. Thank you for the comparison between the two. Awesome and informative.

LOOT and clint64 like this.
  20. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

The oc bronze arrived today. Very impressive. Noticed some tool marks on the top of the baseplate. Obviously no drain rails like the ss the teeth do not come out as far compared to the stainless.

LOOT likes this.