the Incredible new Timeless BRONZE safety DE razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JazzDoc, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

You could put up something like this
    https://www.newfrog.com/product/new...lti-functional-fashion-razor-perfume-s-156620

There's a place for the razor to hang.

There's this - but it'd probably be better for those with Injectors.
    http://www.buyincoins.com/item/110595.html

What I have is this, but with an acrylic bowl.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sha...ainless-Steel-Shave-Bowl-Mug/32751608684.html

Needless to say, it cost a LOT less than that, but the place I bought it from doesn't stock it anymore. (I bought three. Gave one to a friend, kept two. One for each bathroom).

Here's the one I bought, although I think I paid $2 each for mine - https://guide.alibaba.com/shop/univ...rush-mug-set-strong-suction-cup_57242483.html

(Edit - Turns out the alibaba price is for _two_ units. End Edit)

What I do is shave in the shower. The razor sits on top, sideways. When I start, I fill the bowl with hot water, then hang the brush so that the bristles are submerged. Once I'm done, I shake out the water, give it a light squeeze, and hang the brush so that the bristles are above the bowl. If I don't want to put the brush on the puck, I hang it above the bowl so that it doesn't sit in the water.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    LOOT likes this.
  2. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

What a beautiful piece of shaving machinery.

3. william beer

Very excited to see this bronze razor. I'm recently back into wet shaving and I purchased a Gillette New and Aristocrat. How does the Bronze compare with regards to efficiency and aggressiveness?

4. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I do not find the bronze oc mild or efficient yet. First shave today. Had trouble with the angle on my neck and felt Like there is a lot of blade out there. Got a few nicks. Will try again tomorrow.

5. william beer

It's probably a bit too aggressive for me (the 0.78 gap model). I would probably like the 0.38 razor gap model better.

Rhody likes this.
  6. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Second shave in on the bronze oc. Much much better. First off I looked at a video in the shave school section about finding the right angle. Second I went slow and steady. Really tried to avoid using my wrist. Huge cart bad habits. I had a much better angle thus time and tried to focus hard. No pressure. Paid attention. It really mows whiskers down. I see why people say its effective. I did not go atg either. Very smooth except one tiny spot under my chin but I remember to quit while I'm ahead. I used tobs sandalwood cream and followed up with Hawaiian soap co aftershave. No Etoh and was very soothing. First time use. Similar to lucky tiger.

clint64 and LOOT like this.
  7. william beer

What blade gap do you have on your Timeless Bronze?

8. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I wanted the bronze as soon as it came out but thought the 38 would be too mild especially based on all the reviews that pegged it as pretty mild. That's why I jumped when the 78 open comb cane out.

LOOT likes this.
  9. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

What blade you running in it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

10. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Personna Red.

LOOT likes this.
  11. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Ive not run those in the bronze. But i will tomorrow :)

You have any Astra's? Gillette Silver Blue? Those are pretty smooth...not too sharp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rhody likes this.
  12. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

My best blades are the reds and blue. So I wanted to "cut" down on the variables with the new bronze. But the for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try a blue soon to experiment. I'm going to try to use it everyday and really try to decide if its for me or if I should consider the straight bar.

LOOT likes this.
  13. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Has anyone compared the straight bar bronze to the razorock mamba?

14. william beer

I would like to know about that comparison as well.

Rhody likes this.
  15. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

As promised, I did run a Red Personna in the OC. It was tuggy and reminded me why I don't use those blades. In fact, I've not found a razor in my den that I can run those blades in. They just aren't very comfortable.

I did try a Feather in the OC today. Nice, smooth shave with no irritation....all without making it want to bite.

Rhody likes this.
  16. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

This oc is a biter

17. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

You think? I've not found it to be. Take your time and mind your technique. Tame that beast.

clint64 likes this.
  18. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

A week old blade made it tolerable today .

19. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking razor. I just might have to ask for this for my birthday.

20. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

The oc plate went back. I ordered the SB plate now.

I received the SB plate today. thanks Timeless! ... its a very sweet looking piece of metal. cant wait to get it going tomorrow....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018