How's Your Day? February 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Feb 1, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Dragon

No wait, I mean dragging. Had the evening off from Walmart last night, so I thought I'd get to bed early and get to my day job with a little more rest....LOL, should've known better. Up late with plumbing issues, then had to get up early to get son to school for trip to tennis tournament. So here we go, the tickets are rolling in this morning, get to start 6 days in a row at the store tonight, but at least it's the weekend and I can sleep a little late....hahahahaha, who am I kidding

Redfisher, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  3. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'm looking forward to going home today. I fly to Cancer Treatment Centers of America near Zion, IL, for all my treatments. I've been here since Wednesday. Chemo on Thursday, tests yesterday. can't wait to see my wife. One more chemo in late Feb and I'm done! Thank God!

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’m waiting for my stationary bike to be delivered & set up. (Normally I love assembling stuff myself, but many reviewers commented on this product being difficult to assmble.). I promised Hillary Bear (he’s my hiking bear) the first ride. Even though he’s dressed for hiking, he likes a nic bike ride too.

Update-It’s here and set up. The lumbar support is great and that is critical for me. I am still figuring out all of the electronics. Here is a pic;
    7A48963C-D737-4DCC-9DCC-4C4BF474B403.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Redfisher and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I trust you can adjust the back rest some....looks a little too far....er..."back"(oh that was silly)

Redfisher likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Made the first of probably 3 trips to Mom' house this week(Out of love and spirit, I still call her the owner), to pack boxes with books from her "library". To paraphrase the Chief on Jaws, "I'm gonna need bigger boxes".

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. richgem

Seems like Hillary should move the seat up just ... bearly. ;)

Redfisher and Sara-s like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’m learning some new photography skills today- I bought a used DSLR camera and am working on using it with my telescope. I’ve gotten an adapter that is compatible with the camera and now I am figuring out the right settings. My familiarity with SLR photography is finite, so I’m going throught the manual and playing with all the settings, as i read it.

9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Have you gotten any good pics thru the neighbors windows? :D

10. richgem

:eek::ashamed001:

Erik Redd likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Not yet. Give me some time (And better looking neighbors)!

Erik Redd and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Just need to gripe. (The manly word for "whine.") I had chemo last Thursday and a test on Friday. Now, I have to say, I am responding better to chemo than most. I almost feel guilty for feeling so good. But today, I don't feel so good. The effects of the chemo and test are keeping me housebound. I usually start my day by spending 2.5 hours at a local coffee shop with a group of friends. It energizes me for the day. I haven't been there since last Wednesday. So I'm kind of dragging, and I miss my friends. Still, overall, I have to thank God for how well things have gone. Thanks for listening.

Redfisher, Boojum1 and Erik Redd like this.
  13. richgem

Happy Mardi Gras everyone! Don't do anything you'll regret tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Erik Redd likes this.
  14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

richgem likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Too late.

I'll probably have a tummache all day.
    upload_2018-2-13_17-15-21.png

16. richgem

Serves you right! And btw, time for you to get another dye job. :p

brit and Erik Redd like this.
  17. richgem

Ok, the dancers are more than scary. But, the rest seems about right. :)

cmorris357 likes this.
  18. Erik Redd

Unfortunately, the price of Grecian Formula 409 has skyrocketed recently.

19. richgem

It's a sad day for gray foxes. :(

Erik Redd likes this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was interesting. I bought a new Smart watch, so I spent some time setting it up and learning its tricks. My husband, who hates to spend money on himself, was the recipient of my old one. As he is just going to wear it for the gym or when he goes out for a run, it suits his needs very well. (For his work, as an EMT, an analog clock face with a sweep-second hand serves him better.)

In the evening I went for a league-night shoot. (That's a total point team event, over 5 Tuesday nights.) It wasn't my best effort, but I know what I need to work on and I did have fun.