USPS North Houston Distribution Center

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Norcalnewb, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Has anyone noticed any issues the past few weeks with packages moving through this distribution center? I have three of them tied up there now, one of which has been there for about a week. The final destination is about 90 miles away, so these packages seem to be spending a fair amount of time "In transit to destination."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    PLAla likes this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'm not sure about that specific site, but it does seem that after Christmas any packages mailed through USPS are taking their sweet time. My wife and I were talking about that just yesterday. Most of our Amazon Prime orders arrive in three or four days instead of the two they advertise.

Norcalnewb and MR41 like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

My experience has been similar to @PLAla ’s. I wonder if they let their Christmas help go before the volume returns to normal.

PLAla and Norcalnewb like this.
  4. Norcalnewb

It is odd that they seemed to be all caught up right after the holidays, but it has gotten worse. Maybe it is adjusting to life without extra help.

PLAla likes this.
  5. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

It's funny how the USPS service always seems to drop right after they raise their prices... :think002:

RyX, PLAla and Norcalnewb like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yes, the North Houston center is taking their time. I've noticed it too.

Norcalnewb and PLAla like this.
  7. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I'm lucky. Most of my stuff seems to go straight to San Antonio and unless it decides to spend some time on the Riverwalk heads straight south.

Paul Turner, Norcalnewb and PLAla like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I had a package coming from California. Two days enroute to “destination “ it arrived back in California! I got the package, but it had to leave CA twice.

I just had another package on it’s way to me in MI from CA and it took a detour to PA.

Still pretty inexpensive shipping option.

Norcalnewb and PLAla like this.
  9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've had a half a dozen packages in the last week and a half go through there, and haven't had an issue.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  10. Norcalnewb

So is it a bad sign if they give up on even saying "In transit" on a package?

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Blame it on the three legged horse relay. It is nit just there. I ordered a fuel pump for my ranger. Took forever to get here and bounced all over the place. Kinda like a Goldburg machine doing the planning.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  12. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'd put forth a tracking/find a package request, at least if it -was- at a US post office.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have a theory. Christmas Season is over, all the temporary help the Postal Service hired are not not needed, and have been terminated. Now the only people left working are the, welllll, "super motivated, and career driven employees", that we have all grown to love. Here, where I live, the postal workers all seem to be annoyed by people that bring them packages, to weigh and mail. They are short, rude, and easily annoyed, with just about any question you have. It seems the only good employees are the new ones, that are happy to be employed. Ok, now I'm just getting annoyed, just thinking about some of the employees around here, and their laziness. There can be 20 people waiting in line, and only one person waiting on them. You hear the o ther people laughing it up, in the back, and chit chatting. My suggestion is to stick their big, fat, lazy butts out on a walking route, and perhaps that might motivate them to work. . I'm stopping now, before I ruin my morning news and coffee.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  14. Norcalnewb

My packages finally arrived. I had a couple of them stay in Houston for over a week. It was a bit funny when they stopped the automatic updates on one of the packages, like they were admitting that even they couldn't explain what was going on.

PLAla and wchnu like this.