Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

February 10, 2018

OneBlade Genesis V1
    Feather FHS-10
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic 'Tres Amigos"
    MDC Agumes LE
    Fine LOrange Noir
    Terre D'Hermes

[​IMG]

2. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

Saturday 2-10-18
    Everready improved 1912/Gem ptfe (2)
    Stirling 24mm finest
    Haslinger schafmilch
    B&M reserve fern AS
    Nice ,smooth 2 pass DFS to start the day. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

ER improved?

4. polishaver

From what I remember reading it was when ASR started producing Everready 1912s sometime in the 30s. Previously all Everready 1912s were British made. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Linuxguile, TestDepth, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  5. polishaver

I could be wrong, this was unused until I got my hands on it.

Linuxguile and sdguero like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome. I don't think I have seen the paperwork before. Does the razor say improved anywhere. NOS...amazing. Beautiful razor!!

7. polishaver

No, it only says it on the packaging. The razor says Everready on the outside and Everready made in USA inside the head

Linuxguile, TestDepth and sdguero like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Learned something today..

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 10, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM Pushbutton
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Lather: Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
    WTG

Been a while since using the Pushbutton. Nice and easy shave and just did one pass. Was in a little bit of a hurry. All came together nicely.

Enjoy your weekend!

SOTD 2-10-18.JPG

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Saturday night shave
    [​IMG]
    Razor:ER 1924 Cigarette case
    Blade: Gem CS
    Brush: JR154 Synthetic
    Soap: Williams
    AS: British Stirling

I busted out my 1924 Cigarette ER with the short handle. A great shave was had using my JR brush and vintage Williams. A truly luxurious lather coupled with the 24, makes for a winner of a shave. All topped of by some fine smelling British Stirling.

Now for a nice relaxing evening sipping on some Scotch, talking with my wife.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 2.10.2018
    Pre-shave: hot shower & Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash
    Brush: Marvy boar
    Soap: Tabac puck
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1912 SE
    Blade: GEM Stainless (6)
    Post-shave: Dickinson's Original WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PS Balm, Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla AS
    sotd 2.10.2018.jpg

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Part II
    HERE's what happened!

I was going to return them.....After reading everybody's opinion, I was going to return them and was thinking of calling or e-mailing Personna. And I picked up the pack and was looking closely at it. I noticed one end of the 9 blades on the used side was reaching diagonally across the vault to the closed end of the new blade side.

I took a Schick Metal blade dispenser and tapped the exposed used blade edge that was exposed on the used side where 9 blades set....And CLICK! All 9 blades snapped over to the new blade side...A loud snap because of the pressure of the spring! It shocked me, I almost dropped the vault. Ha,ha!

I now feel, this vault probably took a hard hit during shipping and one side of the new blades shook over one part of the spring and slid to the used blade side while the end new blade stuck in place. By pressing on the exposed part of the end blade now on the used side, was just enough, for the spring to move enough to snap all the blades back.

I think all is cool....All certainly looks cool and perfectly normal. We shall see when I shave with the second blade, lol.
    But I'm not expecting anything but the GREAT shaves I always get from GEM blades, both Carbon and Stainless.

Herm2502, Linuxguile, sdguero and 6 others like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Gotta love the Classic Vanilla!

14. Bird Lives

Yo @polishaver and @wchnu

When GEM switched all their efforts to the OCMicromatic in late 1929 or 1930.....Ever Ready took up production of the 1912 type and it was at that time called "Improved".

A couple years later Star also started to produce a 1912 type...But it was the ER version that was called "Improved". But I've never seen one with "Improved" actually printed on it. It was always on the paperwork and advertisements.
    Tom/Hoosier Trooper gave me an "E R Improved" model that was made in England. It was a perfect shaver and very well made, with the heavy ornate handle.

Yours is the NRA Model. The National Recovery Act was enacted in 1933 and declared unconstitutional in 1935, so your razor is at least 82 years old, and was made between 1933 and '35...After this, the US made Ever Readys were dropped from the ASR line-up, and ERs were only made in England...

Congratulations, yours is great shaver, enjoy every stroke!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 11th Feb
    Vulfix 404 mixed
    Vitos Super Red
    Mongoose B3
    Kai - Mild Pink [ 7 ]
    Floid Vigoroso- nearly all gone.

The Brush and soap are real soulmates, and now without too much thought seem to pair them together. I find that by riding the angled front end on the cap, the perfect cutting angle is easily attained [ for me anyway ].
    From the off I have got on well with the Razor, but feel that I could get a closer finish with another blade. though to be truthful it is pretty good ,and achieved without fuss.

IMG_0537.jpg

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    SE Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Old Spice Musk
    JR #258 Synthetic
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    Original Gem Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Old Spice Musk Shaving Cream face-lathered well with the JR #258 Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gem 1905 Lather Catcher Razor using an Original Gem Cutlery SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks for that information!! I can never keep up with all that. So if I have a us ever ready 1912 it is before 35?

TestDepth, twhite and polishaver like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 11, 2018
    Gem Damaskeene Open Comb
    Gem PTFE
    ATG LE Shavemac D01 2 Band Flat Top
    Nuàvia Rossa

[​IMG]

targa88, Linuxguile, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Thats what I have been led to believe.....But then, like I've said before.....I was wrong once in 1958, it could happen again....But I was young and impetuous at that time....Probably close to your age now....:happy093:Thank Heaven that was before technology had provided us with the stealth brick......:eek:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  20. Bird Lives

SO.....WHAT ARE ALL YOU CRAZY SHAVE CATS THINKING ABOUT DOING TO CELEBRATE THIS PARTY's 1000 pages of SE and Injector, Festive, Off the Hook, Frivilous, Vine Swinging, Barrell Throwing, Chest Beating, Wild and Collective Crazy Partying over these last few heart and whisker warming years....
    .:bounce017::bounce015::bounce017::bounce015:

So Gentlemen....:ahem: ......Whats it's gonna be :think002:

Linuxguile, sdguero, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.