Favourite Cola

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sabre, Jan 31, 2018.

?

Favourite Cola

1. Coca Cola

2. Pepsi

3. RC

4. C&C Cola

5. Faygo/Shasta/Other

6. Sam's Choice/Store Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's tolerable as diet soda goes, but the taste is just not quite Coke.

wristwatchb and BamaT like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

There is only one "real" cola and that is coke. :) Of course I say that as a VERY VERY long time coke addict...

PLANofMAN, wristwatchb and Sara-s like this.
  3. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

On the rare occasion I crave a soda, it is a Coke. My preference is the cane sugar Coke, so I drink Kosher Coke. It is only available by me once a year do I buy 6 bottles to last for the year. It stands out with the yellow screw top. It also makes a great Cuba Libre, don't forget the lime.

6C4DCEBD-126A-45B7-83EF-725892E7174F-39543-000018B721CAC19F.jpeg 5E0621D0-62FA-44B2-B796-984197634633-39543-000018B753D02D3F.jpeg

brit, Enrico, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Interesting, I’ve never seen that; I’ll have to keep an eye out for those caps.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

the "UnCola" for me. Sprite. But, I rarely drink soft drinks.

brit and Enrico like this.
  6. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

I find mine at publix. It is in the ethnic isle. Shop in a store in a Community with a heavy Jewish population. It comes out a few weeks before Passover. When it comes out it usually sell quick and then its gone.

Frijolero and BamaT like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I’m not Jewish, but I’m intrigued by this and other Jewish customs and feasts. When I decide to treat myself to a Cola, I would also prefer one made from cane sugar. I found this interesting article on the origin of Kosher Coca Cola: http://www.coca-colacompany.com/sto...an-atlanta-rabbi-started-a-passover-tradition.

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Respectfully, had their been informed Talmudic debate regarding the consumption of coca cola, I believe unlike most Talmudic debate the issue would have been quickly settled.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BamaT likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

PDP_CherryCoke_HFCS_2L.png.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.png

brit likes this.
  10. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Anyone ever try spruce beer..used to be very popular in Quebec. Always made me shudder a little..
    http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/care-for-a-tall-cool-glass-of-spruce-beer/
    And the coke from the sixties in the glass bottles, dispensed from one of those track machines with the bottles submersed in ice water, was better than any cola made today including modern coke..sort of like the old Wilky blades or vintage formula Williams.

11. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Top Pop Cola from New Jersey contains cane sugar and has been described as not bad :)...

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Somehow, I doubt it. We have a saying that "where there are 2 Jews, there are 3 opinions."

jmudrick and Enrico like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Is it anything like Birch beer ... reminded me of an off shoot of root beer.

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yeah I know, perhaps wishful thinking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sara-s likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Not cola, but reminds me of growing up in western NY.

DSCN1083_1024x1024.jpg

266636_92b044d67a39ee43e60dc28bdb463833c67a6787.png

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Probably similar..being made out of tree stuff and such. Root beer is the best of them imo and ended up the more popular though those others do have a following...

17. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Diet Double Cola is the best tasting diet cola I have found,next would be PepsiMax.Although Chek Diet Cola w/lime was pretty good but I think it is disconned now.

18. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Winn Dixie could be in financial trouble.

19. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

My favorite is RC, but the wife hates it, so most of the time around the house it’s Coke. No restaurants around here carry RC. But I rarely drink cola anyways. I’m an ice tea man, southern style, the sweeter the better, lol. Nothing cures my thirst like sweet tea. I’ve tried giving it up, but I can’t. I used to drink a few cups of coffee every morning, but was able to give that up. Now I have a cup about once a week.

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

When I was growing up in rural Alabama, my brother and I would always spend a week in the summer with my grandparents at their farm. That was some great times....I didn’t mind getting up really early for my grandmother’s breakfast, we swam in a creek on the back side of their property, went fishing, and of course my grandad would take us to the store for an RC Cola!

brit, wristwatchb and Brickman301 like this.