RazoRock Mamba

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Marine68, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I can't say enough about this razor. It has been an amazing shave each and every shave. It is mild using a Feather blade. I have got a BBS 98% of the time. The other 2% was my technique I am sure of it. If you like a mild BBS shave I would recommend this razor. It really is a pleasure to shave with it. For the price I don't think it can be beat.

rr.jpeg

178-bplatoon, brit, BamaT and 5 others like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I like it too. Have your tried removing the very bottom of it? It changes the weight just enough where it feels a little better

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Marine68

@Jorvaljr I have not. I don't think it can get any better.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

CONGRATS on a beautiful razor, I was lucky enough to be given a Game Changer from IB, if you like the Mamba you'll love the Game Changer.
    I love both. :)

Flyingbald, Marine68 and Tjebbe like this.
  5. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

The Mamba is a great shaver!
    I think it looks beautiful, it's well made and elegant.
    Hope to try the Game Changer...

Marine68 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. Marine68

Do you have a pic of the game changer?

7. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Glad you love it. Its an amazing object to hold. Alas it just didn't work for me.

Marine68 likes this.
  8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Mine just arrived. I’m impressed with the design, construction and finish. I’ll drop a blade into it in a few hours. I’m curious how it’ll compare to my Feather as-d2.

luv2shave, Flyingbald and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

Well I dropped in a new Feather, lathered up with Arkadia and a Lil’ Brudder, and proceeded to enjoy an efficient two pass BBS shave.

I’ll need several more shaves to really learn what this razor offers, but riding the cap was all it took for success the first time. I backed the handle off about an eighth of a turn and have no idea how much that changed it’s behavior. I might try fully tightened down tomorrow.

Marine68 likes this.
  10. Marine68

I concur....

11. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

It’s a very smooth, mild but yet an efficient razor. I knew going in that the Mamba has a reputation for being a very mild razor. So far I’ve put in three excellent shaves using a KAI blade that is just a wee bit wider than most blades. Still very smooth with a touch of blade feel. Subtle but there. This can be a daily with no issues. The Mamba has caught me by surprise to be honest on how good it shaves....

CA8D42D9-6334-4DB1-AC4E-69A63F1D0AEC.jpeg

brit, Jorvaljr, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  12. Latherin’ Luddite

My new Mamba is my daily drive with Feathers. I plan to try a KAI pretty soon.

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Very nice looking razor!

14. Str8on2

Smooth as silk and the KAI on it’s 5th shave is still going strong. Just an excellent shave today. Not one shave has produced any irritation whatsoever. That is impressive.

A58DB805-1738-4253-895B-69BC3CD5872D.jpeg

brit and MR41 like this.
  15. Pierce13

Pierce13 New Member

I'm not sure that you will necessarily love the Game Changer. It's going to be more aggressive, and depending on how much blade feel you like on your face, it may be more than you are comfortable with. Unfortunately, on these forums I've found that more often than not the more aggressive the razor, the more compliments it receives. Personally, I'm not into seeing jawbone after my shave.

BigMark83 and Slipperyjoe like this.
  16. Str8on2

The Gamechanger is actually not aggressive at all. It is definitely more efficient and offers just a tad more blade feel than the Mamba, but it’s no where near mid-aggressive razors like an OC Old Type or a Fatip Grande and it’s not even in the same category with the higher rated aggressive razors such as the Muhle R41 11’/13’, Ikon Tech or the PAA DOC EVO SS. The Gamechanger just picks up a notch or two from where the Mamba left off, and for the better. The prototype that I tested was actually just as smooth as the Mamba. It was easier to get a close comfortable shave and the semi-polished finished helped in allowing the razor to just glide across my face. Trust me, the Gamechanger will not peel your skin off and show muscle, tendons or ligaments. Did I prefer it over the Mamba? Absolutely. It’s a better shaver yet still keeps all the attributes of it’s sibling razor.

I included a link below from a thread I started when I tested the Gamechanger prototype. Even have a head to head shave against the Mamba in there.....

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/razorock-gamechanger-first-shave-prototype-head.58790/

jeraldgordon and Slipperyjoe like this.
  17. Pierce13

Pierce13 New Member

Thank you for your kind reply. I was interested in the Game Changer but was confused about its aggression vs efficiency.

18. Str8on2

It was my pleasure amigo. If you enjoy your shaves with the Mamba, I think that you will definitely enjoy the shaves from the Gamechanger once it becomes available.

By the way, I have enjoyed my shaves with the Mamba. It might take a little bit more work than the GC, but it gets me a great shave to DFS and BBS just the same. I will say that I have only used the Mamba with a Kai blade, as they are known to be a bit wider. That couple thousandths of an inch really gives a very subtle but noticeable difference with the Kai blade in any mild to mid razor, the Mamba included.

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cool razor.

20. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

The shaver does looks good. I find the 89 to not have that good a face feel and was just wondering how the razor stacks up against the 89 on this issue...