Straight Razor Place

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Spyder, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waate

Waate Member

What a shame. SRP is such a huge resource and a foundational split like this has the potential to wipe the whole thing out. Participation has dropped over there already. Perhaps it will make it better in the end. Who knows?

lindyhopper66, Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  2. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Extremely likely scenario. I am an old networking guy (started with ARCNET) and I've seen the same thing happen to hundreds of companies. When I was consulting, I always advised business to make sure the ownership of the domain was in the company name. About 50% of the time it was not in the business's name.

Spyder likes this.
  3. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Good answer @Bama Samurai . Unless you stole that from Peaches. Then I'm not sure what it means anymore.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs011:

5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Anything new from the FB page that could be transplanted here?

mrchick likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nothing recently.

Spyder likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My friend Paul talks about this concept quite often.

BaylorGator likes this.
  8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Sounded more like Paul than Peaches. Just checking...

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Waate

Waate Member

Has anyone heard any more information on Lynn Abrams pending law suit? Dates or anything ?

10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Nope, but slowly people are finding out what transpired, and are leaving. Those that have morals, anyway....

Paul76, Bama Samurai, Waate and 2 others like this.
  11. AlanII

AlanII New Member

Leaving what? Straight Razor Place? I can't even log on.

12. Bookworm

how about Straight Razor Palace - that's what @Spyder was referring to. The 'moved' SRP.

Spyder likes this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have always had problems log on there because my ip says Korea and it gets blocked. Now I don’t even want to bother with turning on the VPN to log in.

Paul76 and Spyder like this.
  14. AlanII

AlanII New Member

Thanks

15. mrchick

The “Palace” is the hijacked site. I’m staying away on principle.

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I didn’t know that. I’m staying away too!

17. Bookworm

I will admit, I don't understand why there isn't at least a place holder (other than GoDaddy) on the actual web site address.

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I’m with you on this, Brian. I still have a problem with those that know what happened and still participate in the hijacked forum.
    The worst people on earth are not only those who commit evil, but those who stand by and turn a blind eye....

19. mrchick

I haven’t even lurked to see who those people are. I’m sure I’d be disappointed.

Spyder likes this.
  20. Bookworm

Some may not know what's really happened. I know _I_ don't know what's really happened - I'm not part of the Facebook group, and I can't find information anywhere else. This thread is basically all I know, and it's just a supposition thread. Until Lynn posts _something_, like bringing up a page and saying "There are some issues being resolved with ownership of SRP", or some such (something that won't interfere legally), it's hard for anyone to say.

lindyhopper66 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.