Mechanical servant travel razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kraken98, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How many of you plan on using the Williams? I plan on passing my tube on to @gorgo2, due to his interest in trying it out. I'm alway willing to to try a razor or a blade, but I'm very hesitant on soaps and lotions unless they're explicitly clear on their ingredients. Six months ago a soap manufacture changed their formulation and I got physically burn so badly, I'm finally healing up. Once burned ....

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Those cheeks are pretty rosy....second degree rosy .[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr and gorgo2 like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unfortunately for me it was the makers of my laundry and body soap that changed, so it wasn't just my face that was burned. I was using the hypoallergenic soaps and they messed it up. Oh well it teaches me to always read the ingredients.

4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm less worried about whether my skin can tolerate it as whether in contains ingredients now known to be dangerous.

Back in the day, Gillette shaving cream used a facial antiseptic known as Hexachlorophene which they called "K-34". The FDA banned the use of Hexachlorophene in 1972 after 15 deaths were reported due to brain damage following use of the product.

BTW, I happened to come across a picture of what must be an older version of the Mechanical Servants razor set:
    [​IMG]

Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  5. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

IT'S HEEEEERE!! And so short! The cream says it is distributed by JB Williams company. Inc out of Cranford NJ.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Waits Compendium.. which is by mo means the be all and end all of every type of razor/box created. It is, however, closer than having no information at all. It is also a very useful tool looking up information about different and less popular brands.

Enrico likes this.
  7. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Man the underside of that head is grossly funky. I may have to get a full case of scrubbing bubbles to clean mine. I sure hope the end produce is better than first glance. :eek:

Enrico likes this.
  8. Kraken98

Thirty seconds under a fine wire brush and she shines like a diamond.[​IMG]

Jorvaljr, Misphit and Enrico like this.
  9. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

The underside of that cap looks a little disturbing.

Enrico and Kraken98 like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

11. Harry Lime

Harry Lime Member

I was watching those, failed to commit....Now sold out. Interested to hear how they shave.

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How does it shave ... let us know.

13. Kraken98

It's far more aggressive than my milord which IMO is not a bad thing it seemed to cut closer giving me a shave that normally takes 3 passes in 2. I could feel the blade cutting the stubble but not in a bad way and It will definitely be getting a lot of use from me![​IMG]

Jorvaljr, Linuxguile, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thanks for the feedback.

Kraken98 likes this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Most of those were all about the Williams cream.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Linuxguile like this.
  16. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Not mine. It doesn't titillate me in any way.

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Most of that has nothing to do with the discussion at all. Fun read though.

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

"Sorry didn't mean to offend" might have been another way to go. Your response to me to which I directly responded had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Done here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr and Bookworm like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:rofl:

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I plan on using it. About 10 of the ones sold were to myself and a few guys across the street. Just for the cream. The razors might make good fishing weights though. Lol

Ijustmissedthe50s, Jayaruh and Enrico like this.