Top 5 Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Spirit_of_76, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Add to this:

Rooney Style 1 Size 1 Super horn handle
    Savile Row 3228 Silvertip

Love the Rooney :D , it's a great little scubby brush that has very soft tips.

I think I got a lemon of a SR, my 3228 has been shedding, I may have to try and send it back....:confused:

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Send it back

I have a 3824 and it has yet to loose one hair.

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Will,

I may have to try, I got it from another forum member, so I am not the original owner...not sure how that will all work out..:(

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I would bet the manufacture dose not know that. ::

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yeah true,

I wonder who I could contact about it, the guy I bought it from got it from QED...he said he used it about 5 times. the first time I used it it lost 15-20 hairs...so far has lost a total of maybe 40...

None of my other brushes have ever shed like this :(

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Call Charles at QED and see where he gets his brushes, tell him you have a Quality control issue with SR.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great advise, Thanks ::

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Dang brush lost another 15 hairs today, I think there is a problem with the glue in the knot :confused: :( :( :(

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Sorry to hear that, buddy. Sounds like Simpson made that SR :confused: :rofl

I have two Savile Row brushes. They may have shed one, two, or possible three hairs each.

This is a rare thing to hear of a problem with them, I'm sure Charles will make it right ;)

Good luck!

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Joe and Will,

It's going back to him this week, I am sending it back to the original owner as he only used it 10 times before I purchased it, I think I've used 4-5 times.

Maybe the hair was just loosely tied in this one, accidents happen.

Thanks guys, sorry for the Hi-Jack...:(

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

:rofl :rofl Luckily I never had one of the bad batches of Simpsons. :cool:

12. fritz

fritz New Member

Top 5? I wish! I only have two badger brushes, a Vulfix "Burlington" and a Kent BK12. Guess which one is my favorite and which one is my "travel" brush!
    Congrats! You're right!

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Just wanted to follow up, I got my replacement SR 3228 yesterday, so far, with 3 latherings not a single hair loss :D Must have been a problem with the epoxy in the knot as this new one looks very solid ;)

14. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

In no particular order:

Rooney Style 2 Finest (or Super, for that matter)
    Plisson HMW 12 with horn handle
    G.B. Kent BK4
    Simpsons Harvard 3 Best
    Simpsons Emperor 2 or 3 Super

15. TNoahr

TNoahr New Member

Brushes

why more then one? I can only use one at a time:confused:

16. Will

Will Nevermind

If you could drive a Mustang one day, and a Charger the next, then a GTO, would you? :D

17. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Yep!

St. Croix

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I haven't done that but I did drive the following on successive days. We had a week of car swapping in high school.

Pontiac GTO Convertable, Chevy Mailibu SS, Mercury Cougar Eliminator, Ford Mustang and finally an Olds 442. Maybe thats why I have so many things in my shave locker. :D

19. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Hey you guys!

How 'bout a little courtesy to the know-nothing-about-brushes people like me?

I need pics and links to where I can buy these things. I need a new brush or two, myself. The last one I got was the B&B fancy-dancy badger mop, but I could very well have made a dadburn mistake. The friggin' thing is so big that when I make a single pass from side to side on my face, it covers my adam's apple and fills my nostrils full of soap. Yuk!

20. Will

Will Nevermind

Bill,

You would probably like a 22 knot brush with a non flop.

Check out the Savile Row 3822, Charles at QED. :D