How's Your Day? March 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

The world is onto you and your kind @richgem
    Secret Penguin army division discovered.
    :eek:

Sara-s likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

In the midst of a Noreaster and I am feeling very fortunate, but have a lot of work ahead of me.

Lost a 40+ year old blue spruce. It spared the house and the cars, but the recycle bin lost the fight.

spruce.jpg

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Stuck inside with high wind and rain, that has turned to snow. But I did have a lengthy chat with one of my Afghan students. That is always enjoyable. He was looking for some free e-books to read, so I recommended Bram Stoker’s “Dracula” and Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein. Both in the public domain, so I also taught him what “public domain” means.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  5. richgem

Sara-s likes this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

7 hours and 10 full size truck loads later, I still have a mess albeit a much smaller one.

spruce_n.jpg

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

No way to accidentally spill six gallons of diesel on the brush pile then trip over a stray limb with a coffee can full of burning charcoal?

AGHisBBS and PanChango like this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'm glad it missed the house and cars, that would have done serious damage to either.

PanChango likes this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If only it were oak, I would figure out how to make charcoal and have a lifetime supply of smoking wood.

AGHisBBS and PickledNorthern like this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I got very lucky, I need to replace the post lamp, the gutter took a beating, pulled off the house a bit, and the wheelbarrow is toast. all minor.

Sara-s and Erik Redd like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was also fortunate in this week’s storm. No damage to homes or cars on my street. The only branches I saw on the ground were small enough for dogs to play “Fetch” with.

AGHisBBS and PanChango like this.
  12. richgem

Please meet Pickles and Runt... they belong to @PickledNorthern . (The blond is just windowdressing.) Don't you think they're fabulous? :rofl:

[​IMG]

Slipperyjoe and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Busy with little things; a trip to the post office and then to the jeweler (to fix a bracelet and replace a watch battery. A bit later, I have to finish our taxes. I’m taking a break for lunch right now.

14. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I read both of those 5 years ago. I was amazed at the differences between the books and the movies that have followed, especially "Frankenstein." I barely recognized the doctor or the monster in the book. The same is true with "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde." The movie presentations are nowhere near the book. Are you watching "The Frankenstein Chronicles" on Netflix?

urrlord likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I don’t get Netflix. Please tell me more about The Frankenstein Chronicles.

16. rmcintyre84

It's a British show that begins with the discovery of a body pieced together from 7-8 children. Mary Shelly is one of the characters. (The officer covering the case thinks the peep may have been inspired by her book.) I've watched 4-5 episodes so far, and find it enjoyable.

Sara-s likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night was night 4 of a club tournament. I shot a personal best of 280 (out of 300) with no missed shots! Plus, I outshot half the guys there. Being the only female entrant, I rather enjoy that. (Thanks for letting me crow, folks.)

urrlord, Intrigued, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  18. rmcintyre84

I have a phone interview tonight with a church outside Chicago. I would appreciate your prayers.

19. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

You got it.

20. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Intrigued and richgem like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.