Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

ER lather catcher shave today with a Jayaruh handle and the TOST LE brush (also made by Jayaruh). The Honor soap is a slick one (wish the container wasn't so deep). The LC takes some getting used to IMHO but the result was smooth and comfortable.[​IMG]

Herm

2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’ve seen some F Types making appearances lately and it got me thinking about mine. So, I broke one out and had an absolutely lovely 2 pass shave. Smooth, smooth, and smoother. :happy036: I may have to use it again for my next shave. :happy093:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Geo. F. Trumper’s Limes Shaving Soap
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian
    Schick F Type
    NOS Dutch Schick Stainless aka Dog’s Danglies (3)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

F AOS GFT RW AOS.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

3. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

Last night's shave -3-8-18

Stirling 24mm finest
    Pal injectomatic/ Schick P30 (1)
    blacktie soap
    Victoria and Margaret AS toner [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Single Pass Evening Head Shave. 1924/AOS Sandalwood. I decided to kill off the remaining gold plate in favor of brass on the Shovelhead and it's a nice Improvement. Star handle looking good there.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 10th March

Omega 11126 boar
    De Vergulde hand soap
    Schick Type "O" Clone
    Schick Proline [ 9 ]
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Should I feel guilty about using this copy of a Schick Razor ? Well I don't as its most unlikely that I will ever get the opportunity to try an original.
    It may well be a copy but it does Shave so smoothly and efficiently, and provides ultra close all round finish. To date I have only used it with a single blade, so look forward to trying it out with a Twin to see how it compares with my N3.

IMG_0021.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 10, 2018
    Rocnel SE-G
    Gem PTFE
    Thäter 4125/3
    AOS Peppermint Cream

[​IMG]

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Do not feel any guilt. The Schick O clone is an excellent razor. I’ve tried mine with a twin blade and it’s makes a good razor even better.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I gotta get me one of those.

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD March 10, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM G-Bar
    Brush: Zenith B02 boar
    Lather: Soap Commander Vision

Great shave with the G-Bar. It's not in the picture, but it sure does work well. Really enjoyable all around.

SOTD 3-10-18.JPG

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

How would you compare the Gbar and pushbutton?

11. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

For me, the Pushbutton produces better results than the G-Bar.

The heads appear identical in regards to blade gap and exposure, and I do like the look of the G-Bar much more, but the Pushbutton always seems to give me better results.

I still rotate thru both fairly consistently.

12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I like the G-Bar better since it’s a little heavier. The Pushbutton is great as well, but I would choose the G-Bar over the Pushbutton each time.

13. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Is the G-Bar head the same as the featherweight? I saw a side by side picture of the two, and they look identical.

TestDepth, Jayaruh and PLAla like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 11th Mar

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    Stirling Baker Street
    Schick E2 - Canada
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

This E2 is a different animal to my USA one, a nice degree of blade feel , efficient but not at all harsh. The Shave was accomplished without any problems and excellent all round close finish was delivered, without the need for Alum. This one could well be vying with the PAL Injecto-Matic in my list of favourites [ confined to use of a single blade ] . Am afraid that I will not be looking to use my other E2 in my rotation.

IMG_0022.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I hate to say it....but.....although I do think the G-Bar HFT razor is beautiful and downright sexy....I was never a fan of the shaves I got with mine....Mine drew blood everytime I ever used it...lol....I much prefered the FW and my push button to the HFT.

But thats just me and my experience with one perticular example of the breed.....Which I piffed.....and not to someone I was close too...lmao!!

Now the push-button I was in love with....I would just walk around my house clicking that push button, open...close...open....close....What an appealing design! I guess maybe I'm easily amused....lol! But I do love that design.

wchnu, CarlfromMO, TestDepth and 3 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    SE Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Jayaruh #206
    Gem 1905 Lather Catcher
    CWR
    Original Gem Cutlery SE
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #206 two-band badger brush. I did two passes with the Gem 1905 Lather Catcher Razor using an Original Gem Cutlery SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 11, 2018
    Rocnel SE-G
    Gem PTFE
    Wild West Brushworks with 30mm Tuxedo
    Nuàvia Rossa

[​IMG]

18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You should feel guilty. Send the razor to me to ease your conscience, I'll dispose of it.

Herm

Jim99 and clint64 like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks for the replys!!

clint64 and PLAla like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I remember a thread on this across the street but can not find it. I think they are very close. The heavy flat top (g-bar) is heavier. But I think blade angle and gap are identical or nearly enough so.

clint64 and CarlfromMO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.