Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Po' molested Schick.....

polishaver, clint64 and GarnerPW like this.
  2. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was molested. But it definitely has been well used and loved. That there was some guys favorite razor that he used every day and twice on Sundays. I can't wait to see it all spiffed up again @polishaver . Jeff you know you can get some Schick Proline B-20 blades from @Linuxguile Esty shop which can be found HERE. Now I don't know how the Feathers compare to the Schick's but it may be worth a try.

polishaver and clint64 like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I don't remember, did we vote yours the best?

Herm

Linuxguile and clint64 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Tabac
    Jayaruh #268
    Gem Flying Wing
    Pal CS
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Tabac Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #268 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gem Flying Wing Razor using a Pal CS SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD March 13, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Personna
    Razor: Schick G5 injector
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Lather: Country Club for Men Cahaba Blues

A Schick G5 arrived yesterday, fresh from Andrew's Shave Shop. It provided a great shave this morning. Easy and comfortable. Have a great day!

SOTD 3-13-18.JPG

TestDepth, Norcalnewb, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Good Lord, that must be a bad soap if you think it is not good! After all, you've not only conquered modern Williams but also Marvy.

Linuxguile and clint64 like this.
  7. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

I have p30s that I cut down also, I'm done buying injector blades. It seems redundant, especially when I get better results with the AC blades.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  8. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

I already have P30 blades straight from rakutan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, clint64 and GarnerPW like this.
  9. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

love the turquoise handle type G... I read somewhere the turquoise was advertised as a lady razor? Not sure as I Can't find that ad again. I love the rare colors. I got a purple type L that was a lady razor with directions. funny cuz it is a run of the mill type L. But the lady ever sharp type K has a little different feel than the type j male counterpart and I get amazing shaves from the type K and Pink is great..haha

TestDepth, Karl G, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  10. EzraCobb

I got my TOST LE by JR coming Thursday or Friday.... I have been on a DE razor focus, because my collection of DE razors were not being used. I will return to SE when my TOST LE brush arrives, should be epic... DE's are great shavers but I would always choose a injector or GEM/ER over a DE. I just wish the SE had a lot of blade choice' like an SE. But at least we got vintage injector blades to hunt

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If you cut a blade it's molested...well unless blades are not made for it.

I sorted that all out.

I will get it. It is not even Marvy good though.
    No need for a lotta blades you know. You can use the good smooth CS or the rough SS. :cool:

12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 14th March.

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
    OSP Bay Rum
    Schick Type " O Clone "
    Schick S/S Twin [ 1 -Japan ]
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

For todays Shave I had to sacrifice a Proline blade which still had lots of life in it. I had to do this because I wanted to try out a Twin Blade in the " O Clone", as I initially used it with a single.

To say it was smooth during the Shave would be an understatement, it may be described by some as mild yet there is a nice amount of blade feel. I have a pretty tough beard but it whisked away all my growth without any fuss. Probably one of my most comfortable and closest Shaves ever with any type of Razor. Those guys who have praised this Razor have not exaggerated its performance , one I will choose to use when I want a special Shave with no likelihood of mishap.

IMG_0025.jpg

PLAla, TestDepth, polishaver and 6 others like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

DB43E274-1A4B-4FA8-B85C-381E1DE2CE87.jpeg

March 14 SOTD:

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
    Blade: Kai Titan Mild
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Lather: Arko Cool
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Unscented PSB

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    PLAla, TestDepth, polishaver and 5 others like this.
  14. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

13 March
    Tabac Tuesday

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: Frank Shaving, 24mm Silvertip Badge
    Soap: Tabac
    Razor: Henckels Rapide
    Blade: Henckels Wedge
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Rose Petal WH, Thayers
    Photo:
    SOTD 13 Mar 2018.jpg

Tom, aka @twhite was kind enough to start up a pass-around over at TOST with a couple of his wedge razors for those of us who have never had the pleasure of shaving with one. Last night was my first shave with it. I thought it was a little anti-climatic. I was expecting this great shave. One where the heavens opened and a choir of angels sing. Aaaaaaa..... NO. It was an okay shave with a little irritation on my neck but nothing to bad. Luckily I have the razor all week to get the proper angle down before I have to pass it along. Thanks Tom for the chance at using this fine machine. On a plus note, I finally found out what all the hype was about with Tabac. Now I have to score some of their AS.

PLAla, TestDepth, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Good God! :shocked003:

wchnu, clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]
    Happy Pi Day

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #268
    Supply Provision
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #268 synthetic brush. I had planned on using the #2 plate, but I read that this was a mild razor, so I changed it out for the #3. I did two passes with the Supply Provision Razor using a Personna Injector blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. It is a mild razor, but I got great results with the #3 plate. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    PLAla, TestDepth, polishaver and 5 others like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Today was my third shave with my recently acquired Gem featherweight. I’m liking it so far and getting fine shaves from it. I did get a bit of “chatter” from it today. I couldn’t tell if it was due to the blade or the light weight of the razor. I’ll have to spend more time with this one to get consistent shaves.

07EBAA6D-889B-4821-844F-AF2C8D353148.jpeg

PLAla, TestDepth, polishaver and 4 others like this.
  18. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Type O clone
    Schick twin blade
    Yaqui Badger
    Pre de Provence
    3-passes
    Rinse
    Alum
    Rinse
    Thayers
    IColoniali balm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla, TestDepth, polishaver and 4 others like this.
  19. EzraCobb

agree with fuzzy, vintage carbon SE and injector blades are horrid. Vintage injector blades from 70s and 80s on the other hand are usually amazing and super sharp

clint64 likes this.
  20. EzraCobb

I hear yah, the carbons are great (other than the Korean ones) for SS u got the PTFE gem and that is it, I dont like em... I ment the SS for choices. Oh and I noticed the amazon PAL super blades, are not available anymore.
    the deal with 3 packs of the 10 blade vault is gone, in fact there is no deals anywhere for pAL super. But there is 12 packs of 5 blade treets for 12 bucks free delivery, I got that. I am fearing PAL supers are discontinued? I have 80 pal super blades tucked away....

clint64, Jim99 and Linuxguile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.